LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

Jacksonville Jaguar Arik Armstead-DT Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
AA should trade for 2nd round? It is a great deal. Just do it.
Originally posted by BuZzB05:

Of course I'd do for a 2nd, Where you hearing that? That'll be great
  • dj43
Originally posted by saniner:
I'd talk to the Broncos this off-season about trading Armstead for Roby. Roby will be owed $8mm next year and the Broncos are short on cap space. If they plan on making a move for a QB they need to add cap. Armstead gives them a DL that fits the scheme and won't make a lot of money next year. They still have Harris Jr and Talib at corner so they can afford to move on from Roby.

Maybe add a pick to get it done

Bradley Roby is quite good in coverage but weak against the run. With Witherspoon still trying to establish his run defense, I am not down with adding another guy with a similar weakness. (FWIW, 'spoon has improved his run defense in recent weeks.)

I am not ready to give up on AA. A healthy off-season learning and training in a new defense with all the players beginning to be fitted in and he will be fine.

Nobody is giving up a second-round pick for Armstead. Hell, we'd be lucky to get a fourth.
Originally posted by dj43:
Bradley Roby is quite good in coverage but weak against the run. With Witherspoon still trying to establish his run defense, I am not down with adding another guy with a similar weakness. (FWIW, 'spoon has improved his run defense in recent weeks.)

I am not ready to give up on AA. A healthy off-season learning and training in a new defense with all the players beginning to be fitted in and he will be fine.

I just don't think he's considered a building block and I hope I'm wrong But enough with the Leo experiment. It would be amazing for him to somehow flip a switch and become a good player for us
I still hold out hope that he may suddenly get it with proper coaching. I hope he will do well if the right DL coachngets hold of him...even tho i am ware he was baalke's pick. One yr more with a great coach, and if no change, ok then let him go. If someone wanted him for a consensus DB , then ok...but would just like to see one more yr with a decent coach.

To me it should depend where we see Solly going forward. If we're comfortable with him at Leo I'm fine with AA and Douzable fighting it out at 5 tech. If we want Solly there it's over for him. Time to move him.
Originally posted by DJamhour:

Of course I'd do for a 2nd, Where you hearing that? That'll be great

If we can ask him least for 2nd round if any teams will be interested to trade. If they need a defense for help. Maybe Cleveland Browns or Washington Redskins or Jets?
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
I don't see any way AA is part of the future with this team.

He never was Baalke was just to stupid to evaluate talent Besides Buckner how many of Baalke's 1st round picks were or are successful?

Dude is a waste of a roster spot i hope Lynch finds a trade partner in the offseason & just gets rid of bum

Buckner, Aldon, Iupati, Davis...after 15, not so much...Armstead, Ward, Reid, etc. Aside from Buckner, every player Baalke touched turned to alcoholism, drugs, violence,to the I.R., mental ward, pot dealer, or social injustice leader.

You just can't make this stuff up!

Gaud...the truth hurts!!!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Switch him to OT

• dj43
Originally posted by tjd808185:

To me it should depend where we see Solly going forward. If we're comfortable with him at Leo I'm fine with AA and Douzable fighting it out at 5 tech. If we want Solly there it's over for him. Time to move him.

Those are all decisions I see the staff making during the off-season. I just think we need more time to see all of them in the same system for two years before making a final decision. Can't keep changing DCs and new systems every year and expect players to adapt.
Cutting through all the BS, next year is his prove it year. I don't think they'd be opposed to moving him for a decent pick, but who would offer one based on his career so far? If he does not step up, or gets hurt again next year then that will be it. Important to factor in that he will only be 25 next year. Just needs to prove he can stay healthy.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Cutting through all the BS, next year is his prove it year. I don't think they'd be opposed to moving him for a decent pick, but who would offer one based on his career so far? If he does not step up, or gets hurt again next year then that will be it. Important to factor in that he will only be 25 next year. Just needs to prove he can stay healthy.

at this point, he's just a depth player at DT. Not sure what else he can do at this point. I just don't think hes very good.
Hed be great subbing in and being a depth player IMO. NFL and injuries weve seen can be for real.

Still think there has to be a team looking for a bigger body.
if we give him up... he becomes a solid second starter for another team .... keep him
[ Edited by Constantine on Nov 24, 2017 at 3:44 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone