LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 433 users in the forums

Jacksonville Jaguar Arik Armstead-DT Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by 49erInTheMidwest:
Any chance NE/CLE would be interested in AA and a 2nd/3rd for Garoppolo/Cousins?

lol

i don't think anyone would give more than a 5th for this scrub

How is he a scrub?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Any chance NE/CLE would be interested in AA and a 2nd/3rd for Garoppolo/Cousins?

lol

How is he a scrub?

his stats.

real stats, not fart noise stats.

lol

How is he a scrub?

his stats.

AA has played 24 games, 16 of which he played injured.

Projection-based prospect with elite size and the traits to become a dominant run-stuffing defensive end in an odd front. Armstead has the explosiveness off the snap and in his jarring punch to gain early advantages and control offensive linemen. Armstead is a fast riser but is still very raw. He will need patience and coaching and must become a more effective pass rusher at some point.

"I see the power in his hands and all of his tools, but I don't see the production or the consistent push that I feel like I should see from him. He could end up being a monster, but you have to understand that what you get right now is just a big athlete with some upside."

Here we are claiming that because he hasn't padded his "stats" in the 8 healthy games he played as a rookie that he's a "scrub" and we need to get rid of him lol.
[ Edited by Quest4six on Mar 10, 2017 at 11:42 AM ]

lol

How is he a scrub?

his stats.

AA has played 24 games, 16 of which he played injured.

Projection-based prospect with elite size and the traits to become a dominant run-stuffing defensive end in an odd front. Armstead has the explosiveness off the snap and in his jarring punch to gain early advantages and control offensive linemen. Armstead is a fast riser but is still very raw. He will need patience and coaching and must become a more effective pass rusher at some point.

"I see the power in his hands and all of his tools, but I don't see the production or the consistent push that I feel like I should see from him. He could end up being a monster, but you have to understand that what you get right now is just a big athlete with some upside."

Here we are claiming that because he hasn't padded his "stats" in the 8 healthy games he played as a rookie that he's a "scrub" and we need to get rid of him lol.
https://youtu.be/jeFKAFMcHyw
He makes plays when he's healthy, I wouldn't mind keeping him. but he doesn't fit the system. Definitely not a scrub
He makes plays when he's healthy, I wouldn't mind keeping him. but he doesn't fit the system. Definitely not a scrub

I don't know if he's good. But saying he doesn't fit the system isn't true.
Originally posted by Lobo49er:

I don't know if he's good. But saying he doesn't fit the system isn't true.
maybe we keep him as a role player who gives guys a blow at each DL spot, I could see that. I don't think he is a 4-3 starter right now though
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Completely unblocked highlight...

2 years...34 tackles and 4.5 sacks and then the excuse is he was hurt in 16 of his 24 games...that reads as injury prone.
[ Edited by jcs on Mar 10, 2017 at 11:52 AM ]
Originally posted by jcs:

2 years...34 tackles and 4.5 sacks and then the excuse is he was hurt in 16 of his 24 games...that reads as injury prone.
Still on rookie contract, why not keep him as role guy if he cant be traded? let him get healthy, see if he can stay healthy and maybe become a 4-3 starter. Worst case scenario, hold him, maybe get a compensatory out of him?

Actually it doesn't
It reads as him sustaining an injury in training camp and playing through it all season. If anything the fact that the injury didn't become worse proves opposite

Actually it doesn't
It reads as him sustaining an injury in training camp and playing through it all season. If anything the fact that the injury didn't become worse proves opposite
Exactly, he could've sat like most guys would playing on the 2nd worst team in the NFL. At least he wanted to play in red and gold

We need to adjusted AA's nutrition and training regiment and try to convert him to a pass rushing DE in the 4-3, he should be able to give tackles firs with his length. Just need to get him playing faster.
Trade him asap before teams realize he's a bust.
I just don't agree with most people here that think he's a bust. We really didn't get to see him and DeFo really working together. And if we add Thomas or Allen, we can really start getting some return on our d-line...
Originally posted by CityKing415:
Trade him asap before teams realize he's a bust.

He has a strength which is pass rushing. I would keep him and work on his run stopping.

lol

How is he a scrub?

his stats.

Guy was injured. It is WAY too early to pass judgement on him. However, to the original point ... he will not be worth much until he proves more on the field. Some teams may still want the potential. Who's to say what is of value to someone else.
Share 49ersWebzone