LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

Jacksonville Jaguar Arik Armstead-DT Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
So I think this draft is going to shape up to be Garrett and Allen as the clear two best players available.

If the Browns take Garrett, would it be overkill for the niners to go BPA and take Allen?

Could we potentially switch to a 4-3 and have all 3 of Buckner, Armstead, and Allen start on the d-line?

If that were the case (longshot), I think Armstead has the closest body type to an end in a 4-3 defense.
Take Allen, and either switch to a 4-3, or keep the 3-4. Let Armstead be a rotational player at that point.

This dude hasn't earned anything, and for a first rounder, he's been a bust.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Draft Allen and trade AA for a 4th-5th round pick if we are lucky.
Originally posted by susweel:

If the next GM is dumb enough to do that, should be fired on the spot.
Originally posted by Cooper22:
So I think this draft is going to shape up to be Garrett and Allen as the clear two best players available.

If the Browns take Garrett, would it be overkill for the niners to go BPA and take Allen?

Could we potentially switch to a 4-3 and have all 3 of Buckner, Armstead, and Allen start on the d-line?

If that were the case (longshot), I think Armstead has the closest body type to an end in a 4-3 defense.

Anything is possible because we will have a new regime coming in. It wouldn't be the worst thing to have Allen-Buck-AA-Lynch. Lynch played all over the d-line in college. Bowman in the middle, Ray Ray on one outside backer spot, Tartt on the other. Then we could finally move Ward to Safety next to Reid. Then upgrade/support the linebacker spots in draft and FA
This is reallife, not madden.
Originally posted by communist:

You're right. A 5th round pick is too high for this guy.
Bust
Originally posted by communist:

No one gonna give you a 5th for someone who has proven nothing
lol you guys are ridiculous.

If we did draft Allen number 2, I would love for us to switch to a 4-3. We have the pieces right now to pretty much do it. I like the idea of Bowman in the MLB spot, with Ray Ray and Tartt as the OLB's. Ward at FS, and Reid at SS, and Robinson+Brock as our starting Cb's.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Get rid of AA. Theres hardly any playmaking animal in that guy. Just does not have a mad dog personality.
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Take Allen, and either switch to a 4-3, or keep the 3-4. Let Armstead be a rotational player at that point.

LMAO.

700 career snaps = bust
Originally posted by NCommand:

LMAO.

700 career snaps = bust

Sometimes it takes less snaps then that to tell when someone is a bust. Not saying this is the case here but AA has not shown much other than the ability to make the wrong plays, use wrong technique, and take himself out of plays by not knowing what he should be doing.
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Originally posted by NCommand:

LMAO.

700 career snaps = bust

Sometimes it takes less snaps then that to tell when someone is a bust. Not saying this is the case here but AA has not shown much other than the ability to make the wrong plays, use wrong technique, and take himself out of plays by not knowing what he should be doing.

A halfway decent defensive coordinator and a healthy shoulder should do wonders. Writing off a player with huge potential this early is about as dumb as it could get.
Share 49ersWebzone