There are 172 users in the forums

How many Sacks will we have this year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I have a feeling that we are going to have a lot of sacks this year.

Aldon-17-22
Lynch-10-14
Dockett- 6-10
Cowboy- 6-10
Tank- 6-10
Dorsey- 2-5
Ian- 2-5
Dial- 2-5
Brooks- 2-5
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:

Aldon-17-22
Lynch-10-14
Dockett- 6-10
Cowboy- 6-10
Tank- 6-10
Dorsey- 2-5
Ian- 2-5
Dial- 2-5
Brooks- 2-5

I'd say a bit optimistic, but you left out 2-3 each by Reid and Bethea as well as the CB's. This regime will scheme a few more blitzes from the Defensive backfield.
Originally posted by socal9er42:

Aldon-17-22
Lynch-10-14
Dockett- 6-10
Cowboy- 6-10
Tank- 6-10
Dorsey- 2-5
Ian- 2-5
Dial- 2-5
Brooks- 2-5

I'd say a bit optimistic, but you left out 2-3 each by Reid and Bethea as well as the CB's. This regime will scheme a few more blitzes from the Defensive backfield.

I know that I left a couple of players off the list, but the guys on the list were the main ones. I'm sure our ILBs will get a few as well as the DBs you mentioned.

I'm really hoping that our OLBs can have 30 sacks between them.
I remember in '98, Doleman had 15, Barker had 14, and Kevin Greene had 10. And that was a ferocious pass rush. Plus we had Young and Stubby at tackle.
These guys might challenge those numbers. One can only hope.
  • REB4
I'm a little worried about concentrating too much on sacks if we get them mostly because Mangini blitzes more. Our corner situation is pretty iffy right now & blitzing a lot like Mangini has done in the past will put even more pressure on them & they might fold. We're inducting one of our greatest pass rushers into the the 49ers HOF this year and he didn't need sack stats to be effective & disruptive. I'd rather see a lot of hurries, knockdowns & work on containment of QBs like Russell Wilson & Aaron Rodgers and not let them got out of the pocket to extend plays without gambling too much this year.
53*2=106
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Aldon-17-22
Lynch-10-14
Dockett- 6-10
Cowboy- 6-10
Tank- 6-10
Dorsey- 2-5
Ian- 2-5
Dial- 2-5
Brooks- 2-5

Depends on which Aldon we have this year. He was utterly useless last season. If we get THAT Aldon, our sack number will be down.

If we get the Aldon of the past, we could have a ferocious pass rush though. Id love to see him and Lynch on opposite sides running stunts at the QB.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Depends on which Aldon we have this year. He was utterly useless last season. If we get THAT Aldon, our sack number will be down.

If we get the Aldon of the past, we could have a ferocious pass rush though. Id love to see him and Lynch on opposite sides running stunts at the QB.

agree... his disappearing act is/was a mystery to me
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

agree... his disappearing act is/was a mystery to me
Originally posted by Jcool:

Aldon-17-22
Lynch-10-14
Dockett- 6-10
Cowboy- 6-10
Tank- 6-10
Dorsey- 2-5
Ian- 2-5
Dial- 2-5
Brooks- 2-5

yes, we should take insert outside and beat the s**t out of him to daring to voice his opinion in a very positive way

• lazy
  • Veteran
Aldon 20
Lynch 15
Docket 4
Cowboy 2
Tank 7
Dorsey 2
Ian 2
Dial 1
Brooks 4

We haven't seen contact year aldon :-) if he can't show up this year and stay out of trouble he never will. When he's on the top of his game the only defensive player more destructive is watt imo.
The Niners had 36 sacks in an off-year for Aldon Smith - he only had 2. If Smith gets back to even close to what he did before, say 15 sacks, that's already 13 more than last season. So that gets them up in the high 40's. Also, this will be Lynch's second year, they'll also have Dockett who is usually good for 5 or 6 sacks, and Brooks is going to have something to prove. On top of that, I think Mangini is more aggressive with his blitzing.

They could have a lot more sacks this year.
Assuming no one on the team is a eunich, I''m going to go out on a limb and say 53.

Per quarter
Share 49ersWebzone