It is the same for the buyer.
Less scams
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
its actually great for the buyer

Less scams

Probably will just be just as many scams.
i havent checked....are the 49ers the only ones?

as far as i know yes, i asked the lady what other nfl teams do this and she said teams in other sports do this...

the cavs tried this and the fans revolted and the team backed off

Less scams

That would mean more people would have to purchase outside of NFLX to = Just as many
Originally posted by iLL49er:
i havent checked....are the 49ers the only ones?

as far as i know yes, i asked the lady what other nfl teams do this and she said teams in other sports do this...

the cavs tried this and the fans revolted and the team backed off
I know the Warriors are doing it right now

Less scams

That would mean more people would have to purchase outside of NFLX to = Just as many

No it just means the same number of people need to sell scam tickets as previous years. Still be plenty of idiots buying fake tickets.
You think they would do it for free ?

it's a service they are providing

Are you saying they should charge a reasonable fee for running the service?

any fan buying the "we're protecting u from fraud for your own good" argument is drinking the kool aide hard

its beyond ridiculous that they have the balls to restrict the printing of a PDF to 72hrs b4 the game after i hand them $1700 4 months earlier

Until the seller forgets or is unable to upload the tickets in this short window before the game. Then the buyer won't be notified until the very last minute that the transaction won't be going through - too late to buy other tickets.

And I'm still missing what stops the scammer from selling multiple versions of the tickets on multiple platforms, just like they could last year.

This is just an attempt to cripple StubHub and other third party sites.
Originally posted by cwilson830:
You think they would do it for free ?

it's a service they are providing

Are you saying they should charge a reasonable fee for running the service?

any fan buying the "we're protecting u from fraud for your own good" argument is drinking the kool aide hard

its beyond ridiculous that they have the balls to restrict the printing of a PDF to 72hrs b4 the game after i hand them $1700 4 months earlier

Until the seller forgets or is unable to upload the tickets in this short window before the game. Then the buyer won't be notified until the very last minute that the transaction won't be going through - too late to buy other tickets.

And I'm still missing what stops the scammer from selling multiple versions of the tickets on multiple platforms, just like they could last year.

This is just an attempt to cripple StubHub and other third party sites.

Great for the buyer as there's only one ticket service to buy from, once the ticket is bought the seller can't reprint the ticket, if your banking on someone selling the 72 hour pdf...then your setting yourself up to anything that can go wrong and possibly other people buying the same ticket

It might cripple stub..but in the past you can list both tickets to sell on stub and NFLEX. Which could cause issues and has with wrong tix going to the wrong buyers or just getting scammed
Great for the buyer as there's only one ticket service to buy from, once the ticket is bought the seller can't reprint the ticket, if your banking on someone selling the 72 hour pdf...then your setting yourself up to anything that can go wrong and possibly other people buying the same ticket

It might cripple stub..but in the past you can list both tickets to sell on stub and NFLEX. Which could cause issues and has with wrong tix going to the wrong buyers or just getting scammed

You're arguing for Ticketmaster to have a monopoly. Monopolies are determined to be illegal specifically because they're bad for the customer.
Originally posted by cwilson830:

You're arguing for Ticketmaster to have a monopoly. Monopolies are determined to be illegal specifically because they're bad for the customer.
Ticket master for the warriors, NFL Exchange for the 9ers

Plus monopolies charge their own prices, NFLEX prices are set by the seller

The only people that this hurts is the seller, because they need to scramble to sell their tix if they dont want to list them on the site.

plus the site is not the issues from what im hearing..its the 72 hr window to print

pros.
relatively easy to list and manage tickets - though the interface for account holders is from the 90's.

teams need $$$ for success, hopefully it'll benefit the 49ers and hence fans overall.

for buyers, appears to be way better deals on ticketmaster than you can find on stubhub or seatgeek.

cons.
nfl/teams want not just $'s but also data on resale prices. you can bet it'll get harder and harder to break even when you can't attend a game because overtime they'll adjust prices to market leaving less room to cover fees and transferring risk to SBL holders as they adjust seasonal prices or go to even more aggressive variable pricing models and include factors such as row, proximity to aisle, number of seats... colts already doing this on a section basis.

will miss the keepsake tickets
ticketmaster's site for mobile isn't great
competition makes things better faster and that's lacking to an extent.
prices not as transparent for buyers with tm

other.
I don't buy arguments on ticket fraud. there's other ways to address this and sites like stubhub offer guarantees as it is.

overall feeling bummed but not outraged.
go 9ers.
Share 49ersWebzone