LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 301 users in the forums

49ers new additions Jersey Numbers released.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
e San Francisco 49ers added a handful of free agents this offseason, and they are slowly handing out new uniform numbers. When the 49ers introducedTorrey Smith, they had the jersey figured out (No. 82). However, they are finally getting numbers together for the rest of the free agents. The team announced uniform numbers for eight free agents, and some changes for returning players.

WR Jerome Simpson: 14RB Reggie Bush: 23CB Shareece Wright: 29RB Jarryd Hayne: 38LB Nick Bellore: 50LB Desmond Bishop: 51G/T Erik Pears: 71DT Darnell Dockett: 90

The team also announced that Kaleb Ramsey will switch to No. 68, and Glenn Dorsey will select a uniform number at a later date. Dorsey previously was No. 90, so he is giving it up to Dockett. Usually when a player gives up his number to another player, there is some kind of transaction involved. Sometimes it can be cash, sometimes it a watch or some other kind of object.

The 49ers will add some number of rookies next week in the 2015 NFL Draft. Those players will get a mix of fixed numbers and place-holder numbers. Once players start getting released in August, some players will often switch to a vacated number. My guess is these veterans stick with their numbers, but some very well could change at some point in the next few months.
Awesome stuff. Love that Bush is #23, and Dockett is #90.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

It would have been better if Bush was #21 and Dockett was #97.

• 9moon
  • Veteran
This means that Dorsey will be wearing his #72 jersey!!

All Pro!!!
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

It would have been better if Bush was #21 and Dockett was #97.

Lol no
These numbers are still not set in stone
I'd like to stir the pot and say that Bush should just wear 21, but I just can't be bothered to give a s**t anymore. Not gonna make the playoffs.
Originally posted by xtm059:
I'd like to stir the pot and say that Bush should just wear 21, but I just can't be bothered to give a s**t anymore. Not gonna make the playoffs.

Lol

Nice to see. Ready to see who takes 21 after the draft

Save yourself the trouble while your at it n stop posting then if u already know the sky will eventually fall.

• cools
  • Veteran
With all due respect to Frank, as far as #21 Niner history goes... we had a couple great super bowl winning CB's to ware it
Why is Simpson 14? I think he has some talent but 14 for a WR is a horrible 4th string WR number. That's a I'm not even making the team number. Look what happened to Nicks in Indy last year when he took 14. Sucks, get a different number. I wish WR could wear 1-9 like in college. Hopefully someone gets cut and he decides to go with a different number. Or just take Crab's 15.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IHATELOWELLCOHN:
Why is Simpson 14? I think he has some talent but 14 for a WR is a horrible 4th string WR number. That's a I'm not even making the team number. Look what happened to Nicks in Indy last year when he took 14. Sucks, get a different number. I wish WR could wear 1-9 like in college. Hopefully someone gets cut and he decides to go with a different number. Or just take Crab's 15.

Brandon Stokley?
97 is all Brant Young
Share 49ersWebzone