LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

Colin Kaepernick Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
I'm 29 and I don't (nor did I when I was 27) act like such a teenaged tool.

I can't speak for you but I can for myself. I ain't up in arms about a stupid regrettable tweet because he retracted it. I ain't reacting so passionately about it because I never saw the uproar when Kap was doing charity work. I didn't see headlines when the team and Kap hosted Oscar RIP. I didn't see twitter blow up when Kap did Camp Taylor. I didn't see a blog from Florio when our guys did book signings visited hospitals or took handicapped kids to proms. All I see is posters that don't post here post when a stupid tweet gets out or a headline from writers that need clicks with negative articles on this team. For the folk criticizing Kap I wonder if any of you even tried to help the people Kap has at 27? The media is full of tools that write about these young men when their own kids are college dropouts drug addicts and in and out of legal troubles. They write this crap when their own kids lives are in shambles all the while Kap is doing big things and helping folk all the same. Smh

How can anyone say they don't act like anything....when you're not famous and then you come on here and act upset about another grown man
"How can anyone say they don't act like anything"
--Because I didn't act like that age 27, that's how

"when you're not famous"
-Don't see what that has to do with anything

"And then you come on here and act upset about another grown man"
--Because that "grown man" acts like an embarrassing, self-interested, 13-year old and unfortunately leads the team I've faithfully followed since age 7 and, since this is a forum and thread about Kapernick, I voiced my thoughts on the subject.

It's not this incident I'm isolating or speaking solely about. It's the greater picture that this is a symptom of it. The guy is a clown. Ask any fan of another team--a team that doesn't even have any sort of rivalry or bone to pick with SF--and they'll tell you the same.
Originally posted by highway49:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by KegBert:
I can't speak for you but I can for myself. I ain't up in arms about a stupid regrettable tweet because he retracted it. I ain't reacting so passionately about it because I never saw the uproar when Kap was doing charity work. I didn't see headlines when the team and Kap hosted Oscar RIP. I didn't see twitter blow up when Kap did Camp Taylor. I didn't see a blog from Florio when our guys did book signings visited hospitals or took handicapped kids to proms. All I see is posters that don't post here post when a stupid tweet gets out or a headline from writers that need clicks with negative articles on this team. For the folk criticizing Kap I wonder if any of you even tried to help the people Kap has at 27? The media is full of tools that write about these young men when their own kids are college dropouts drug addicts and in and out of legal troubles. They write this crap when their own kids lives are in shambles all the while Kap is doing big things and helping folk all the same. Smh

Solid post.

Excellent take....

So just so I'm clear Kap shouldn't take heat because
1. He does charity work that doesn't get much of any press
2. Writers have drug addicted college dropouts
3. No one has done as much as Kap for people when they were 27
As I had said earlier I think this is a generational problem but if you use a picture on Instagram of a storm where people died for self promotion you have to take the fall out because you deserve it.
Originally posted by ayetee:
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
I really wonder what some of you geezers think the majority of 27 year olds are like these days.

I'm 29 and I don't (nor did I when I was 27) act like such a teenaged tool.

I believe you deserve a reward, probably the first reward of any kind you ever won. Congratulations.

Cool, what is it?
Originally posted by LB49ers:
As I had said earlier I think this is a generational problem but if you use a picture on Instagram of a storm where people died for self promotion you have to take the fall out because you deserve it.

For all anyone knows he probably didn't even know there were casualties in that rainstorm.
Its not a big deal at all. It was just a stupid thing to say.

Everyone has said somthing they regret before.
He made a mistake, he apologized.. Why is everyone making a big deal ? Yes that's a stupid thing to say, but he apologized.. There are players that says worst things on Twitter or Instagram they wished they can take back, it is what it is.
"How can anyone say they don't act like anything"
--Because I didn't act like that age 27, that's how

"when you're not famous"
-Don't see what that has to do with anything

"And then you come on here and act upset about another grown man"
--Because that "grown man" acts like an embarrassing, self-interested, 13-year old and unfortunately leads the team I've faithfully followed since age 7 and, since this is a forum and thread about Kapernick, I voiced my thoughts on the subject.

It's not this incident I'm isolating or speaking solely about. It's the greater picture that this is a symptom of it. The guy is a clown. Ask any fan of another team--a team that doesn't even have any sort of rivalry or bone to pick with SF--and they'll tell you the same.

So stupid tweeting and other non criminal things we disapprove of supercede all the good Kap has done that most of us couldn't conceive of doing nor our kids make Kap a clown and us in a position to label him as such. I wonder how Rick and Teresa will compare their kid to ours?
Originally posted by LB49ers:

Sure he will take heat because too many can spout off in the digital space about this kid that had yet to commit a crime or to miss work or fulfill a reasonable obligation. This is a 27 year old more accomplished than most posting here while having given of himself beyond comprehension of most here to boot. He makes a stupid tweet that he realizes is stupid then retracts it within ten minutes of posting it and we have everyone trashing him. Ridiculous! Yes it was stupid but all his good far outweighs his bad and if Rick and Teresa were to apply the same standard to us or our kids some would perhaps not measure up to Kap and what he is trying to do. This ain't the end of the world. We got other players tweeting far worse on a very regular basis
Originally posted by NikeSBHead:
For all anyone knows he probably didn't even know there were casualties in that rainstorm.

Of course he didn't. Is there anything about the kid that's shown he's disrespectful? Nope.

It was insensitive, yes. At the end of the day no one can imply he knew there were casualties and people got hurt from that photo alone. Lots of people abandon their cars in floods, most people don't stay and die in them. So he's insensitive at people losing their cars. Big deal. Look at how many storms hit this country and all that happens is minimal property damage. Nobody knows how bad a particular storm ends up until they know how bad it ends up. Obviously he didn't know how bad it got when he made that post. That should be the only thing that matters. If you can't give him the benefit of the doubt for that, then I don't know what to say to you.

Meanwhile we got a guy like Riley Cooper who's on video screaming hatred to the faces of actual people, yet I'm positive Kap gets way more hate for a Dolphins hat, his fashion trends and an insensitive picture he basically turned into a meme (which btw that photo will probably become a meme in the future and ppl will most certainly laugh at the captions like hypocrites).
Originally posted by 49ersOnMINE:
He made a mistake, he apologized.. Why is everyone making a big deal ? Yes that's a stupid thing to say, but he apologized.. There are players that says worst things on Twitter or Instagram they wished they can take back, it is what it is.

There are players that have screamed racist words at groups of people, to their faces on camera. Take a nationwide poll right now and I'll bet the house, Kap will be more hated, go figure.

I'll probably get ripped for saying this but yeah it was a messed up joke and he shouldn't have said it, but at the same time I thought it was pretty funny lol. Seems like the type of thing you say to your friends but not in front of a group of people.

Inb4 "wtw you're going to hell!!!11!"

And it's not like he wished harm on those people, he just made a messed up joke/tweet. I have been on his case before when he played poorly but I'll give him a pass here.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by highway49:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by KegBert:

Solid post.

Excellent take....

I am not a king but i am Crown.

Pillabusta's post is right on. we should put this to rest now.

Just about everyone of us when drinking with the guys says way worse stuff - you know its true.

I am not telling anyone how to feel but I will say - way oversensitive.... this twitter thing w/Kap has nothing to do with anything and amounts to a soap opera for guys.

Are there enough tampons in the world for all the whiny men to use?
[ Edited by Crown on May 27, 2015 at 1:04 AM ]
  • Jiks
Originally posted by Crown:
I am not a king but i am Crown.

Pillabusta's post is right on. we should put this to rest now.

Just about everyone of us when drinking with the guys says way worse stuff - you know its true.

I am not telling anyone how to feel but I will say - way oversensitive.... this twitter thing w/Kap has nothing to do with anything and amounts to a soap opera for guys.

Are there enough tampons in the world for all the whiny men to use?
If I were to say something irresponsible like that I would feel pretty ashamed of myself. I would expect people to not like it and call me out. That's a choice you make posting on social media. Now I'm not going to make a huge deal out of this, but im also not going to sit here and be "over sensitive" to a guy who made a stupid decision. I'm going to call it how I see it, and would expect the same.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
With a quick compact arm motion like Aaron Rodgers, Kap will do way better. He really doesn't need that elongated motion since he has a cannon of an arm.

But did that funky motion make the cannon? That long windup had power.

I dont think so, I think he might lose some velocity on his throws but he has such a cannon of an arm itll be something similar to aaron rodgers arm
Originally posted by awp8912:
Originally posted by jreff22:
And let me add QB guru my ass if all he needed was summer camp to get fixed.

LMAO....sometimes you gotta wonder what the hell Harbo was doing all these years.

Yup
Share 49ersWebzone