LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

Colin Kaepernick Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
New thread? Damn did I miss a blow out?

5 posters banned, 2 were warned to 99%, one created another account and tried to derp the site down. it was a chaotic 10minutes.
Dang, Thor's ban hammer dropped hard! Wish I could've seen it haha!

thor49er? what was that cat's name? I haven't seen him here in a long time, well under that name at least. So who got banned?
Originally posted by fister30:

5 posters banned, 2 were warned to 99%, one created another account and tried to derp the site down. it was a chaotic 10minutes.

thor49er? what was that cat's name? I haven't seen him here in a long time, well under that name at least. So who got banned?

This, please.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

thursday night friday morning massacre
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
Yeah, until you watch how he BALLED in the 2012 playoffs and the Super Bowl. You then realize how damn good he'll be. I think people don't realize how much worse we've gotten offensively personell wise since then. Look at that roster then compare it the the two successive ones. The speed and scheme we had on that team has not been duplicated here since.

It wasn't just personnel that got worse. Our coaching/scheme worked really well that season because teams weren't ready for someone like Kap, plus we had very good complimentary players with different skill sets so teams couldn't assume what we were going to run.

What happened after was we lost some of these players but we also didn't make any changes to the offense assuming well it worked before so it will work again. Problem is other defenses learned how to stop the read offense and suddenly we're super predictable and don't have the personnel to properly execute the way we did before.

Let's be honest when you're using a converted DE turned fullback as your #3 receiver and deep threat....you're doing it wrong.
Yeah, until you watch how he BALLED in the 2012 playoffs and the Super Bowl. You then realize how damn good he'll be. I think people don't realize how much worse we've gotten offensively personell wise since then. Look at that roster then compare it the the two successive ones. The speed and scheme we had on that team has not been duplicated here since.

This year's team will be the fastest Niner squad in a long time. There's obviously a lot more speed on offense, but also there are some young cornerback prospects on the team with blazing speed. Reaser is a flat-out burner.
Originally posted by genus49:
It wasn't just personnel that got worse. Our coaching/scheme worked really well that season because teams weren't ready for someone like Kap, plus we had very good complimentary players with different skill sets so teams couldn't assume what we were going to run.

What happened after was we lost some of these players but we also didn't make any changes to the offense assuming well it worked before so it will work again. Problem is other defenses learned how to stop the read offense and suddenly we're super predictable and don't have the personnel to properly execute the way we did before.

Let's be honest when you're using a converted DE turned fullback as your #3 receiver and deep threat....you're doing it wrong.

LOL! Yes, Roman often seemed to try and out think himself... ...and succeeded. Miller sneaking out of the backfield was a decent idea but how often did they complete that pass? It will be interesting to see if Millard gives Miller a run for his money. Watching him run after the catch is a thing of beauty...very smooth. But adding T Smith, Bush and using Ellington and Patton more downfield could make a huge difference.

As for talent, I think the talent last year was just as high caliber but perhaps not a good match for the scheme. They had injuries to RT, C, C, C, and C on the line; and none of their top receivers scared anyone deep. Can R Sherman treat T Smith the way he treated Crabtree, Lloyd or Johnson? Not if he doesn't want to be posterized.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

while two kids set on the bench playing checkers..... when you have miller as your third wide out, can you blame ck for being bewildered? adjustments,,,, the coaches at the time did not adjust to the nfl adjusting to ck,,,, they did not, could not or would not adjust to what other teams were doing to us in the first half of games. thank god ck and everyone else has a fresh start
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

LOL! Yes, Roman often seemed to try and out think himself... ...and succeeded. Miller sneaking out of the backfield was a decent idea but how often did they complete that pass? It will be interesting to see if Millard gives Miller a run for his money. Watching him run after the catch is a thing of beauty...very smooth. But adding T Smith, Bush and using Ellington and Patton more downfield could make a huge difference.

As for talent, I think the talent last year was just as high caliber but perhaps not a good match for the scheme. They had injuries to RT, C, C, C, and C on the line; and none of their top receivers scared anyone deep. Can R Sherman treat T Smith the way he treated Crabtree, Lloyd or Johnson? Not if he doesn't want to be posterized.

I think losing Delanie REALLY hurt. We ran lot of 22 personnel groupings which is really hard to defend with 2 TEs that run 4.48 and 4.38 in what's supposed to be a run package. . You add the threat of Kaep running as well, coupled with threat of Moss outside and it was a 'pick your poison' offense even though Moss wasn't the deep threat he had been.
Originally posted by cciowa:

while two kids set on the bench playing checkers..... when you have miller as your third wide out, can you blame ck for being bewildered? adjustments,,,, the coaches at the time did not adjust to the nfl adjusting to ck,,,, they did not, could not or would not adjust to what other teams were doing to us in the first half of games. thank god ck and everyone else has a fresh start

^^^ This exactly.

The last regime had seldom managed to utilize more than three of the six skilled positions. The best was in the second half of 2012 when we had Kaep, Gore, VD, and Crabtree. We went through two seasons, 2013 and 2014 trying to win with only Kaep, Gore and Boldin while we had better choices than those we put in the lineup. I am extremely glad that Jeb and Baalke finally put the hammer down. While all the media experts and talking heads have already counted us out, I have high hopes that we will surprise everybody come September.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ayetee:
^^^ This exactly.

The last regime had seldom managed to utilize more than three of the six skilled positions. The best was in the second half of 2012 when we had Kaep, Gore, VD, and Crabtree. We went through two seasons, 2013 and 2014 trying to win with only Kaep, Gore and Boldin while we had better choices than those we put in the lineup. I am extremely glad that Jeb and Baalke finally put the hammer down. While all the media experts and talking heads have already counted us out, I have high hopes that we will surprise everybody come September.

agree. people THINK we just blew up the 2012 team. we blew up a 8-8 team that the nfl caught up to and the coaches could not adjust to that. throw in the fact , in my opinion, the team and vets rolled their eyes and gave up on the coach... major changes had to be made, thank god

• cciowa
  • Veteran
I think losing Delanie REALLY hurt. We ran lot of 22 personnel groupings which is really hard to defend with 2 TEs that run 4.48 and 4.38 in what's supposed to be a run package. . You add the threat of Kaep running as well, coupled with threat of Moss outside and it was a 'pick your poison' offense even though Moss wasn't the deep threat he had been.

i never thought i would say this about walker,,,,,,, but you said nothing wrong in regards to walker
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

This, please.

still here!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

This, please.

still here!
as it should be

Yes, McDonald will probably turn out to be a good TE but Delanie and VD offered two fast, good blocking TEs...rare on any team! People might forget that Delanie had a 4.49 40 time...not bad for a #2 TE.
I feel really bad for Kaep, all you guys have to do is place yourselves in his shoes...

If Kurt Warner suddenly told you that you pretty much wasted 3 years of your career because you haven't learned much about pocket passing, and then all of a sudden that QB coach (who hasnt taught you s**t) is promoted to be your offensive coordinator, what kind of confidence are you going to have going into the season?

My nephew said it from the start, Kaep feels like he's f**ked.
Share 49ersWebzone