LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 301 users in the forums

Colin Kaepernick Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by JoeBart324:
If they are voluntary I totally agree with you.

They are voluntary, basically like side-gigs for cops to make some extra coin but they aren't required to do them and at least in Phoenix I know that they need to be in good standing and have supervisor approval to do those jobs.

Thanks for the clarification! I have no idea how stadium security works!
Also had some great moments in the pocket. Evading would be sacks. Gabbert would have folded like a lawn chair. Kudos Kap. Keep it up
  • thl408
Originally posted by thl408:
I don't know. I just see news about police not working the game so the ones that get shafted are the customers of Levis, not Kap. Maybe I don't know enough about the situation.

If Santa Clara cops opted not to do the security detail, other cops could fill those spots. In Cleveland and in Glendale they recruit cops from all over the area to work the games. You get sheriff's deputies and cops from a bunch of different jurisdictions working.

Got it. I should have known that some other group would fill the void.
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Tman:
If they are voluntary I totally agree with you. If they are mandated as part of employment I would lean toward "suck it up and do the job you were hired to do." Perhaps harsh, but there it is.

To be clear, I have the utmost respect for law enforcement believing by and large they do the best they possibly can to serve and protect the community they themselves live in. It is not a job I take lightly, nor one that I think I could perform even remotely admirably in.

Dammit game 1 cannot come soon enough! I'm ready for some football, good or bad!

Hell yea dude!

My wife is a police officer.....it's a tough gig no doubt but she loves it

Go niners!!

Kudos to you man and the utmost respect for your wife (you as well). No doubt it is a tough gig. It takes a very special person to get into that field and the ones that perform admirably are truly, truly amazing people by and large. I say this knowing full well there are "bad apples" in the force that do not belong. Those are the folks causing the uproars and righteously so. A big part of me wishes we could get past the color aspect and realize that we have an imperfect system that allows some horrific indiscretions. This is not an excuse, merely a confession reality. It is not much different from the doctor abusing and taking advantage of his own patients to further his own gain. There are absolutely awful people in this world, and some of those people finagle their way into positions of power.

All that being said, we are on a football forum discussing the future of this beloved team. May the 'fro improve his game and regain his former glory!

Thanks brotha

I'm hoping for a good season from the team, I've got that optimism that always seems to well up right before the season starts.....can't wait
He likes Kap's new look.

• Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Kap Logic =
1) protesting stereotypes by stereotyping cops
2) protesting oppression by glorifying an oppressive tyrant.

That being said - he needs to stay on the team. Starter or back up the team needs an experienced QB.

Kap has won bigger games than any other QB on the roster. I for one believe his regression is temporary, and Chip is his remedy.
[ Edited by Crown on Sep 2, 2016 at 8:47 PM ]
Look I love Kap as much as the next guy and he's without a doubt the 2nd best QB at this moment and over time will easily be better than Gabbert imo but last night was a s**t show compared to other teams and their QB situations.

The zip/power in his throws seems to be off. And if he relentlessly continues to ignore all logic and stare down sides of the field so vigorously, without his throwing speeds to match, we will see more easily contested passes/tipped passes/interceptions.

I watch a rookie like Dak and the dude's whole body is on a swivel almost every play. Forget about the progressions. I could care less if Kap wants to only go to his first read every time, at the f**king very least don't stare it down from the snap to the release. Mask that s**t and swivel your body/head.

It's really annoying and we've all seen him do it correctly last season in certain plays but on the night where his career hangs in the balance he refused to do this against 2nd stringers. I can't even imagine what an Arz or Sea would do to that Kap we saw yesterday.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Crown:
Kap Logic =
1) protesting stereotypes by stereotyping cops
2) protesting oppression by glorifying an oppressive tyrant.

That being said - he needs to stay on the team. Starter or back up the team needs an experienced QB.

Kap has won bigger games than any other QB on the roster.I for one believe his regression is temporary, and Chip is his remedy.

Its been a 3 year regression. That isn't something that can be called temporary.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Also had some great moments in the pocket. Evading would be sacks. Gabbert would have folded like a lawn chair. Kudos Kap. Keep it up

blaine could have gotten out of trouble but yes. ck stepped it up. he says he loves this team and i thought it would blow up in our face.. i am sure glad to be proven wrong and our team is NOT the trainwreck people like dan fouts want it to be
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Kap looked damn good last night. Making the right presnap reads, hitting RB's, going through progressions, throwing back shoulder throws.

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
We still have enough to sign Jeff extend others

You don't blow $30 million on a subpar QB. That is the kind of stuff GM's lose their jobs over and never get a second crack at the job as a result of it.

Consider what you would say if it was the Raiders dropping $30 mil on Christian Ponder, because that is about the level we are at with Kaepernick. He's not a good quarterback, nobody across the NFL wanted to pay him as anything more than a backup quarterback in the offseason and with good reason, backup quarterbacks don't get paid $15 mil a year.

Lol why are you so worked up and it's not even your money. Wether you like it or not Kaep is on the team and will play if gab can't play.

Chip believes in him and the 49ers believe in him and they are not worried about the cash. You shouldn't either.
and for his injury clause, he would have to be put on injured reserve
Kap Haters REKT in this eloquent post from site staff. Not a good blog post for people who prefer sideways passing over vertical.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/commentary/1599-myth-colin-kaepernicks-inability-play-quarterback-position/

On 3rd and 8, from the 15 yard line, in the first quarter of Thursday Night's San Francisco 49ers preseason game vs. the San Diego Chargers, quarterback Colin Kaepernick took the snap, dropped back, and fired a 14-yard pass to wide receiver Dres Anderson in between three Chargers defenders, who all flailed helplessly at the ball as it struck Anderson in the numbers for a completion to the 1-yard line. If you start listing the NFL quarterbacks who could make that throw, with that velocity, and that accuracy, your list is going to be extremely short. Aaron Rodgers immediately comes to mind. You could count a few others but your list won't exceed five: and Kaepernick is on that list.

To put it in perspective: At 88.4, Kaepernick has the 10th highest career passer rating of all active NFL quarterbacks. This is not ESPN's Total QBR stat, which takes rushing yards into account, but the traditional passer rating statistic that has been used by the NFL since 1973 to determine its passing leader. The formula for calculating the passer rating considers passing attempts, completions, yards, touchdowns, and interceptions.

The nine quarterbacks with higher career passer ratings than Colin Kaepernick are Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Tony Romo, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Phillip Rivers, Ben Roethlisberger, Matt Ryan and Matt Schaub. Of those nine, four are locks for the Hall of Fame: Rodgers, Brady, Brees and Roethlisberger. Of the others, only Schaub has not been considered one of the best quarterbacks in the league for the majority of his career.

Notable quarterbacks with a lower career passer rating than Kaepernick include Cam Newton, Carson Palmer, Andrew Luck, Joe Flacco, Alex Smith, Jay Cutler and Matthew Stafford. How can Colin Kaepernick be statistically superior to quarterbacks who are much more revered, when supposedly he's somehow completely lost his ability to play quarterback? Over the past year, we've seen his quarterbacking abilities called into question on a level that rivals former NFL quarterback Tim Tebow. Suddenly, the narrative has shifted to one that asserts that Colin Kaepernick is a running quarterback, who used his athleticism to have success early in his career, but faltered when asked to throw the ball. This couldn't be further from the truth.

For further comparison, Kordell Stewart's career passer rating was 56.8. Vince Young's career rating was 60.8. That's what a passer rating looks like for a quarterback who survives primarily on athleticism and running the ball. Kaepernick, despite the popular narrative that is being promoted now, is not that type of football player.

Somehow, many people forgot that throws like the one Kaepernick made in Thursday night's game to Anderson were once routine for him. During the Super Bowl loss to the Ravens, after seeing Kaepernick make throw after throw into insanely tight windows, Phil Simms stated, "Kaepernick would be an elite quarterback even if he couldn't run." Back then, this was the accepted perception of Kaepernick: a world-class athlete who could beat you equally with his arm or legs, not some one-trick pony surviving off the zone read play.

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
I still hate his f**king throwing motion

Just a HUGE windup, HUGE. It looks bigger than at any other time I've seen him play during his career with the Niners..wow freakin Huge, he was dropping the ball down to his waist at least
Originally posted by Izyniner:
Is he the future franchise qb of this team? If this team feels he isn't cut him trade him for a bag of chips wharever it may be.

If we used this logic across the board, we would enter the season with zero quarterbacks on the roster.
Share 49ersWebzone