There are 166 users in the forums

Colin Kaepernick Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
New thread? Damn did I miss a blow out?

5 posters banned, 2 were warned to 99%, one created another account and tried to derp the site down. it was a chaotic 10minutes.

how do I miss these moments.

are they lost forever???.... I always like going back going through threads page by page to see the turning point and living that moment with everyone else.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Apr 10, 2015 at 3:42 AM ]
Damn it!!!
Hate having one designated thread for Kap.. Makes this thread a cluster of just nonsense and ramblings of this and that.. Better when we have multiple threads on different things about the quarterback rather than, HEY FOLKS throw all your junk about this guy in here....

But then, do it your way and the zone is just littered with hundreds of threads about slightly different aspects of the same player.
Until we build Cyborg Joe Montana or Robo Steve Young I am pretty sure the Niner's QB thread is going to be a thorny place. We as a fan base have to come to the table and realize that we were spoiled with hall of fame level QB play for 10+ years and then still had Pro Bowl level for a while after that. Those guys don't grow on trees. Only the Colts can say and arguably at that, that they enjoyed a run as strong at the position. Hell lately you see one truly great QB every 5 years or so because the college game has gone away from that style of play. In the modern era if you have a top ten or twelve guy you are as good as you are going to be in that spot for a while because the alternatives are much worse. The grass isn't always greener, could our guy be better? Sure....but he ain't that bad. He slots in right around a lot of the young guys that came in during his time and has the tools to be better than most. We just need to take a deep breath and look around a little bit. Is he Rogers, Brady, Breesus elite? Not yet...but he has been good enough to beat all of them when call upon. Is he Luck, Wilson, Cam level? I would say if you look at his stats he compares pretty well and runs in that pack and he is a damn sight better than guys like Cutler, RG3 and Dalton who cant ever get their teams out of the first round of the playoffs. Even if you are crazy cynical you have to agree that at least we are not like the Bills, Texans and Browns who have a rotating door of never were's, has been's and never will be's .
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Until we build Cyborg Joe Montana or Robo Steve Young I am pretty sure the Niner's QB thread is going to be a thorny place. We as a fan base have to come to the table and realize that we were spoiled with hall of fame level QB play for 10+ years and then still had Pro Bowl level for a while after that. Those guys don't grow on trees. Only the Colts can say and arguably at that, that they enjoyed a run as strong at the position. Hell lately you see one truly great QB every 5 years or so because the college game has gone away from that style of play. In the modern era if you have a top ten or twelve guy you are as good as you are going to be in that spot for a while because the alternatives are much worse. The grass isn't always greener, could our guy be better? Sure....but he ain't that bad. He slots in right around a lot of the young guys that came in during his time and has the tools to be better than most. We just need to take a deep breath and look around a little bit. Is he Rogers, Brady, Breesus elite? Not yet...but he has been good enough to beat all of them when call upon. Is he Luck, Wilson, Cam level? I would say if you look at his stats he compares pretty well and runs in that pack and he is a damn sight better than guys like Cutler, RG3 and Dalton who cant ever get their teams out of the first round of the playoffs. Even if you are crazy cynical you have to agree that at least we are not like the Bills, Texans and Browns who have a rotating door of never were's, has been's and never will be's .

I count 8 active QBs with better playoff resumes
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

I'm pretty sure only one of them has a better playoff resume given their age. Three if you count Tom's and Ben's early career success.

Can't figure out if you were taking a shot at him or supporing the claim that HOF QBs don't grow on trees.

5 posters banned, 2 were warned to 99%, one created another account and tried to derp the site down. it was a chaotic 10minutes.
Dang, Thor's ban hammer dropped hard! Wish I could've seen it haha!
Originally posted by thl408:
I just did.

I do it with a flexed bicep. I call it Faepernicking.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

I'm pretty sure only one of them has a better playoff resume given their age. Three if you count Tom's and Ben's early career success.

Can't figure out if you were taking a shot at him or supporing the claim that HOF QBs don't grow on trees.
Pill is definitely not taking a shot, hes one of the more positive posters.

Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Totally agree, Ive been saying that for years
Go Kap!! I have Faith in you.

Originally posted by Afrikan:

how do I miss these moments.

are they lost forever???.... I always like going back going through threads page by page to see the turning point and living that moment with everyone else.

Good question, damn.. I missed it too.. Gooo Kap!!
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Go Kap!! I have Faith in you.

This
Originally posted by deepniner:
Looking at the recent analysis by JD on a separate thread, I wonder if CK's instincts are so far off from what you need to be elite, that its highly unlikely that any significant improvement is going to happen unless he spends a ridiculous amount of time going through the same types of reads numerous times and gets it ingrained in himself on how to react to those types of situations. Maybe that which comes naturally to gifted quarterbacks requires him to actually get by practicing for crazy number of hours. And I wonder if he'll be actually be able to translate those learnings from practice to execution during the stress of the game.

I think last year he took off from the pocket or looked to run more due to the repeated poor pass protection efforts and when the team fell behind the opponent, in the stress of the situation, he just couldnt process things quick enough to see what really should have been done.

Yeah, until you watch how he BALLED in the 2012 playoffs and the Super Bowl. You then realize how damn good he'll be. I think people don't realize how much worse we've gotten offensively personell wise since then. Look at that roster then compare it the the two successive ones. The speed and scheme we had on that team has not been duplicated here since.
Share 49ersWebzone