There are 166 users in the forums

Who is more likely to unretire Patrick or Borland.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Borland.

Willis left because his body isn't up for it anymore.
Borland left because he was paranoid, and is only 24.
He Can return at any moment.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
borland
Hulk Hogan...
Frank Sinatra
No Kyle Williams? I'd love to see that dude back in the Red and Gold.... Maybe he can blow another chance at the Lombardi for us...
Originally posted by thl408:
Shoulda been a poll. I say Borland because he hasn't made much money, and if he thinks the 9-5 rat race sucks, he might come back.

My guess is he'll probably go work for daddy at his Wealth Managment firm. He might not make millions a year, but he's sure to make several hundred thousand (annually). Not a bad trade off for keeping your brain.
Originally posted by English:
Neither.

This.

People need to move on, like Borland n Willis...
  • thl408
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Shoulda been a poll. I say Borland because he hasn't made much money, and if he thinks the 9-5 rat race sucks, he might come back.

My guess is he'll probably go work for daddy at his Wealth Managment firm. He might not make millions a year, but he's sure to make several hundred thousand (annually). Not a bad trade off for keeping your brain.

Didn't know he had that lined up. Sounds cushy. Good for him.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Didn't know he had that lined up. Sounds cushy. Good for him.

That was just a guess on my part, but I remember reading that his dad runs his own Financial Planning firm. If he's good, its pretty big business.
Who is more likely to move on from this? 49er fans or 9er fans?

Originally posted by cciowa:
if borland came back, i would hope the guys would tie him down in bed and beat him with bars of soap like they did in full metal jacket.

Grow up
Originally posted by 49ers81:
Originally posted by cciowa:
if borland came back, i would hope the guys would tie him down in bed and beat him with bars of soap like they did in full metal jacket.

Grow up

I think he was joking.
Catching bass won't be as exciting as putting a lick on someone, so #52 will be roaming the field again.
Wow...some of you are downright harsh. Willis retired because his feet won't let him play up to his abilities...why would anyone hate on him for that? Have any of you ever played the game beyond high school? As for Borland, he did his homework and made his decision based on his research. I hated to see him go, but his was a conscious decision...it's his body, his health, again, why would anyone hate on him for that? As for the question, I don't see either returning...they both made tough decisions and I'd expect they'll stick to them. Life's too short, people...let it go...let them go...and wish them well.
  • nj9er
  • Veteran
Glenn Coffee
Share 49ersWebzone