LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

Who is more likely to unretire Patrick or Borland.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Good post man!

I think neither.

If , however, one did it'd be Patrick.
Willis will return at the age of 52 and finally get his ring. Then re retire.
Who cares
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teylo31:
Who cares

well there are people who still care about reid vs goldson so anything is possible in the web zone
The kaep thread
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
I dont want either one of them back. Both Quit on the team imo.

we know you do not mean that about willis. he is legit and we should be proud of him he knew, unlike others from willie mays to johnny unitas and tony dorsett,,,, when to hang it up. would you really have wanted to see him stumble around on the field as he feet failed him at a critical point of the game? i do not think so
  • dj43
Good question.

I would be as shocked if either came back as I was to see them retire.

Willis is a proud guy who always went 110% and when he no longer could do that, always playing with pain, he quit. He didn't want to hang on at 85% even though his 85% was better than 99% of other ILBs.

I have no ill will toward Borland. Football is a brutal, violent game that leaves many players unable to live the rest of their lives without pain. He was unwilling to pay that price in order to enjoy a few years of celebrity. Also, as a slightly undersized LB, his style of play left him more vulnerable to injury. He looked at all those things and said "no." So be it.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:
Good question.

Willis is a proud guy who always went 110% and when he no longer could do that, always playing with pain, he quit. He didn't want to hang on at 85% even though his 85% was better than 99% of other ILBs.

I have no ill will toward Borland. Football is a brutal, violent game that leaves many players unable to live the rest of their lives without pain. He was unwilling to pay that price in order to enjoy a few years of celebrity. Also, as a slightly undersized LB, his style of play left him more vulnerable to injury. He looked at all those things and said "no." So be it.
i worship poster dj and i feel terrible for disagreeing with him about borland!! can we still go out for a beer afterward??
  • dj43
Originally posted by cciowa:
Good question.

i worship poster dj and i feel terrible for disagreeing with him about borland!! can we still go out for a beer afterward??

You buying?

• thl408
Shoulda been a poll. I say Borland because he hasn't made much money, and if he thinks the 9-5 rat race sucks, he might come back.
I don't think either will unretire, but of the two I'd say Borland.

...I keep wondering if Marcus Lattimore at some point will give it another shot.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
Good question.

You buying?
i will buy the first two rounds since i feel bad for disagreeing with you
Logically, Borland. He's still young, doesn't have any injuries, and doesn't have millions stacked away like Willis.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
Shoulda been a poll. I say Borland because he hasn't made much money, and if he thinks the 9-5 rat race sucks, he might come back.

i think he will be just like sam..... more concerned about being a celebrity rather than a football player
Share 49ersWebzone