LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

Who will surprise us this year? (Most Improved Player)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Kyle Nelson, he will take his long snapping to a pro bowl level.
Originally posted by Jax49er:
Quinton dial becomes recognized as a top 5 3-4 DE. Book it.

I would be surprised.
Jimmie Ward.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Disp:
Hyde, Lynch, Kilgore, and Tank. Really the only thing about Hyde that concerns me a bit is his running style. Looked like he was aiming for contact a little too much instead of trying to be elusive in the open field and break tackles. Unless he wisens up, he's a pretty big injury concern to me.

He was a big boy in college, but now everyone is a big boy. I agree he needs to be a little more slippery and not take hits so head on. It's okay to do that when he's getting 4-6 carries a game, but if he's going to get 15-20, he needs to adapt. I forgot which game, but Hyde got rocked returning a kickoff.
Two guys jump out at me...one is Marcus Martin. He was thrust into the C position when Kilgore got hurt. That experience should set him up for success his 2nd year.

The other is Jimmie Ward...he took his lumps as a rookie, particularly vs big WR's. He's learned some lessons and should be better for it his 2nd season.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Two guys jump out at me...one is Marcus Martin. He was thrust into the C position when Kilgore got hurt. That experience should set him up for success his 2nd year.

The other is Jimmie Ward...he took his lumps as a rookie, particularly vs big WR's. He's learned some lessons and should be better for it his 2nd season.

I completely agree about Marcus Martin. I think he can win the LG spot.
Originally posted by BodhiPaddlesOut:

I would be surprised.

that's bold, but I like it
  • thl408
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Marcus Martin is a good choice. He needs to be healthy in camp so he can fully participate. I remember him being injured for much of camp last season, or the beginning of the season.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

my money is on the thomas kid,,, but you know either way we got a darn good back up with whoever does not win that spot.
I ask myself who was the worst last year? the o-line was horrible. I would expect that to be the improvement and has to be for us to even have a chance. A specific player on the line - Anthony Davis.

• Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Disp:
Hyde, Lynch, Kilgore, and Tank. Really the only thing about Hyde that concerns me a bit is his running style. Looked like he was aiming for contact a little too much instead of trying to be elusive in the open field and break tackles. Unless he wisens up, he's a pretty big injury concern to me.

He was a big boy in college, but now everyone is a big boy. I agree he needs to be a little more slippery and not take hits so head on. It's okay to do that when he's getting 4-6 carries a game, but if he's going to get 15-20, he needs to adapt. I forgot which game, but Hyde got rocked returning a kickoff.

Yep exactly. If I recall, there were a few times he got rocked pretty good. He never got hurt, but like you said, dudes in the NFL are a lot bigger and stronger than college. I like the aggressiveness, but he's gotta know when to use it instead of trying to brute force and battering ram into everyone. If he doesn't adapt then he's a concussion or shoulder injury waiting to happen.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Frank Gore
The good news is that the niners are already loaded with talented but unproven players. The bad news is that the niners are loaded with talented but unproven players! And this before the draft!
  • MarkD
  • Veteran

This
If the most improved player this year is Colin Kaepernick, the Niners will roll big time.
Share 49ersWebzone