LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 220 users in the forums

Who will surprise us this year? (Most Improved Player)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Last year Cox improved drastically when given the opportunity. And of course Lynch took us by storm.

I want to see who everyone thinks will be the Most Improved Player for us in 2015?

Your picks, shouldn't be someone who is already established in the NFL.

My pick is Kaleb Ramsey (assuming he stays healthy, and Cowboy retires)

If Ramsey gets hurt, my sleeper pick is Quinton Patton.
[ Edited by Frisco69ers on Apr 8, 2015 at 9:11 AM ]
Carlos Hyde- If Hyde gets going early in the season, it could mean good things for the offense throughout. It would definitely open up playaction which in turn would take a lot of pressure off the O line. It would also allow TS and VD to blow the top off defenses.
I'm going with either Bruce Ellington or Tank Carradine (in that order). From the small sample size we saw from Ellington last year in the season he looks GOOD, just didn't get on the field hardly at all. Carradine I think will improve immensely this training camp and preseason and will become a force on the DLine.
Originally posted by insanemike27:
Carlos Hyde- If Hyde gets going early in the season, it could mean good things for the offense throughout. It would definitely open up playaction which in turn would take a lot of pressure off the O line. It would also allow TS and VD to blow the top off defenses.

This.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by insanemike27:

This.

Also agree...partly due to his chance to be the opening day starter. Carradine is my backup pick...same reason.
Lynch

I feel he has seen how a big-time work ethic pays off and he'll keep the ball rolling.

He had mentioned how impressed he was seeing how hard Cowboy worked out each and every day.

So, I see him pouring it on.
Most improved area of the team. Offensive Play Calling.
There were a LOT of surprises last year...

C Daniel Kilgore - Some were surprised he won the starting spot over M.Martin and became our most consistent OL until the injury
C Dillon Farrell - this guy absolutely earned a spot but few even noticed he made the team
C Marcus Martin - 20 year old, oft-injured forced to start at C and did fairly well despite never having a chance to get in shape
CB Chris Cook - not only surprised many by making the team but playing well for us until his injury
CB Chris Culliver - surprised many by recapturing his pre-injury form and HE stayed healthy all year (contrary to Brock)
CB Darryl Morris - s/h made the team over Lloyd and went on to have a very good season with the Texans
CB Dontae Johnson - seen as a developmental pick but played outside and inside for us and is now competing for a starting spot
CB Kenneth Acker - many were surprised we IR'd him b/c we was playing so well during the pre season
CB/S Jimmie Ward - many were surprised he played injured all year
DE Lawrence Okoye - made big leaps after year one and is poised for a real shot this year according to Tomsula
DE Quinton Dial - more ideal at DE but played very well for us at NT d/t injuries
DE Tank Carradine - finally got some real snaps at the end of the season and racked up 3 sacks in 2 games and was starting to flash (health no longer a concern); most were surprised we hardly used him
G Joe Looney - dude never gets credit but played fairly well for us off the bench at G and played great at C at the end of the year
G/T Al Netter - made the team again
ILB Chase Thomas - got called up
ILB Chris Borland - played beyond expectations and the surprised everyone he was retiring
ILB Shayne Skov - got called up
NT Ian Williams - not surprised he got hurt again
OLB Aaron Lynch - played well beyond expectations and even unseated Brooks to a degree
OLB Corey Lemonier - surprised he got so many snaps before we finally benched him (looked poor); this will be his last shot
OT Fou Fonoti - still with us
RB Carlos Hyde - surprised he got so few snaps
RB Marcus Lattimore - somewhat surprised after all the reports and time he had to retire
SS L.J. McCray - played terrific on ST's and made the team (Fangio liked him a lot)
TE Asante Cleveland - still with us for a reason
TE Derek Carrier - no surprise to me but to many and now signed a 2-year deal; should have a more prominent role this year as the H-back

So many to choose from THIS year!
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 8, 2015 at 8:54 AM ]
Lynch
Tank
Hyde
Ward
Ellington
Okoye!!!...

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by eastie:
Okoye!!!...

Elington i hope. i think if he finally gets a real opportunity he could be special. That and new wr coach duo could pay off.

Imo lynch playing great wouldn't be a huge surprise.

Tank if he gets his run stopping game going.

I hope all the young guys who might get a chance play great lol but realistically i think those three have to best chance.

Hyde is expected to be good next year. Only surprise would be elite
[ Edited by gold49er2183 on Apr 8, 2015 at 9:42 AM ]
  • thl408
Vance McDonald. If he catches 4 passes, that will improve upon his 2014 output by 100%. If he catches 1 TD, he will improve his TD output by infinity. He has a good TE coach in Sparano so I have some hope. Not expecting him to be a key part of the offense, just to improve upon what he's been able to contribute in the passing game. 24 catches (1.5 /game average), while playing all 16 games. That would be good enough.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
well last year my picks were marlon moore, eric wright and jon baldwin so i can not do any worse
this year i predict the acl guy who missed last year in thomas is going to come in , take that left guard spot and be a rock solid top tier lineman
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eastie:
Okoye!!!...

insanity epidemic
Share 49ersWebzone