LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 211 users in the forums

Dashon Goldson

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
Pass

i almost started to reconsider when a poster pointed out he would be better than dahl,, but i just can not bring myself to say bring him and his drive extending ways back
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by HERN:
Yes!!!!!!

Hell yes!!!!!

We need somebody to lay the wood. No knock on Reid or Bathea, but those guys just aren't intimidating like Goldson was.

I'm not saying he should replace either one, I'm just saying we need to get back to our 2011 type of defense when we were the bullies.
did you forget the drive extending penalties,, last i saw we have a great twosome back there, stop it

Like I said, I'm not saying replace the guys we have now, what I'm saying is, we need somebody on pour defense to scare the opposition.

On a side note, it seems like in today's NFL ANY tackle seems to be penalized you might as well send a message with that hit.
*yawn*
Was my favorite Niner when he was here.
I would not mind him coming back at all, of course on an almost minimum deal.
I think he'd be a great backup and special teams player
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Was my favorite Niner when he was here.
I would not mind him coming back at all, of course on an almost minimum deal.
I think he'd be a great backup and special teams player

would he accept a back up role? ok lets not discuss this as if we are serious .,,, that comment about him being better than dahl did get me, thinking well maybe at the right...,,, wait stop it cc
I don't know if he would come back or not, but when he was here I felt like his hits were legal but refs were pussies.
Why not. Can back up the guy who was drafted to replace him LOL. Actually good insurance for Eric Reid due to his number of concussions already.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
No thanks btw.
Originally posted by HERN:
Yes!!!!!!

Hell yes!!!!!

We need somebody to lay the wood. No knock on Reid or Bathea, but those guys just aren't intimidating like Goldson was.

I'm not saying he should replace either one, I'm just saying we need to get back to our 2011 type of defense when we were the bullies.

They're not intimidating, but they actually COVER people. Goldson, not so much.
He wouldn't come at a price that we would want to have him at. After Bethea's Pro Bowl season, we'd have no use for Goldson other than to backup Reid, and he's not going to do that either. He'll go somewhere he can start. Plenty of teams that could use a safety (Washington, Chicago, NYG, Indianapolis, Atlanta, Denver, Philly).

Originally posted by lamontb:
Pass

That's exactly what opposing team do when they see this dude in coverage.
Would be great to have him back!
Sorry, didn't see the other thread
Already a 3 page thread on this...like 6 posts down
Looks like the Bucs releaseing him reunion anyone
Share 49ersWebzone