LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 317 users in the forums

Which are the hottest sections at Levi's Stadium?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I have been hearing about the heat at the stadium, so far I have never been outside of a suite in the stadium for 49ers games.

Today will be a different story as I am taking the kids to wrestle mania. Don't want to bake my kids so I was wondering if you guys know where the heat has the biggest impact in the stadium?
Whichever one I'm in
The away side pretty much. Went to the chiefs game and ppl were being carried out on stretchers lol. It wouldn't have been that bad if there was a breeze. Its honesty not that bad, either bring water or wait till november.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
I have been hearing about the heat at the stadium, so far I have never been outside of a suite in the stadium for 49ers games.

Today will be a different story as I am taking the kids to wrestle mania. Don't want to bake my kids so I was wondering if you guys know where the heat has the biggest impact in the stadium?

Lol, well mr suite....it's all sections other then suites...in the months after summer...but you should have known that already
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Mar 29, 2015 at 10:07 AM ]
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
The away side pretty much. Went to the chiefs game and ppl were being carried out on stretchers lol. It wouldn't have been that bad if there was a breeze. Its honesty not that bad, either bring water or wait till november.

Well, my wife lasted only one half -- it was pretty bad -- she got sunburned on her thighs -- through her jeans.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

Well, my wife lasted only one half -- it was pretty bad -- she got sunburned on her thighs -- through her jeans.

Yea it was no joke but we managed maybe cause I'm from the central valley bakersfield area, where any day under 100 in summer is cool. It was the direct sunlight that made it bad though lol. Bad enough that I'm not going to a home game before november anymore. Unless we get seats in shade.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by glorydayz:

Lol, well mr suite....it's all sections other then suites...in the months after summer...but you should have known that already

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Haha.... I've baked everytime i've gone. The away side is horrible especially when sitting in the nose bleeds
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

Yea it was no joke but we managed maybe cause I'm from the central valley bakersfield area, where any day under 100 in summer is cool. It was the direct sunlight that made it bad though lol. Bad enough that I'm not going to a home game before november anymore. Unless we get seats in shade.

Nice, i'm from the porterville area so I can relate to the heat. Should be a hot summer, but Levi's away section is intense for the first half in my opinion
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
Whichever one I'm in

nice!
High of 82 today.

Ppl are pansies. I did two a days In 110 degree heat. Telling me Yall can't wath a game in less 100 lol.
lol they didnt think the stadium thru that much i guess. theyre gonna put in some cooling i heard lol
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
lol they didnt think the stadium thru that much i guess. theyre gonna put in some cooling i heard lol

The York way.

Seriously though. There are guys playing football in full pads in the same heat and people are complaining about sitting and watching it.

• Sunscreen
  • Visor/Hat
  • Light colored clothing
  • sunglasses
  • water
  • wet towel

You should be fine. I don't get it.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

The York way.

Seriously though. There are guys playing football in full pads in the same heat and people are complaining about sitting and watching it.

• Sunscreen
  • Visor/Hat
  • Light colored clothing
  • sunglasses
  • water
  • wet towel

You should be fine. I don't get it.

Yeah but one question for you:

What do you prefer?

A) Watching a game with in the blazing sun and no shade with all of your tools in your recommended tool kit.
B) Watching a game in the shade, out of the blazing sun's direct path.

Yeah I thought so :)
I sat in the upper deck on the sun side last fall for one of the hottest games of the year. Its not unbearable, but its not fun either. The sun is basically beating directly down on you for 3-4 hours straight. No shade, and very little breeze.

There has to be some reason why the heat is so intense. Its not like it gets hot in the south bay. The heat just gets magnified somehow. Maybe its the wall of glass press boxes reflecting it? Obviously they play outside in Miami, Jax, Tampa Bay, etc, so its not a unique problem. Although it makes sense that AZ, DAL, HOU, NO, ATL, etc. all play in domes, but they have real heat.

It has to be partially due to fans being used to the cool SF air, and the glass reflection and white paint/concrete reflection actually making it worse.
Share 49ersWebzone