LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 148 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mojave45:
Originally posted by cciowa:
what was lost in the translation of the snark from a certain poster. is that cc is right even if some are in denial. if the o line keeps jimmy up right we can win 8 or 9 games. if it does not and he gets hurt and cj comes in. 4 or 5 wins. of course you can say that for most teams in the nfl and their qb situation but i only concern my self with the niners

News flash! if the Oline sucks we don't win! No one knew this! In a second bit of news if the starting QB goes down we will have a worse record than if he starts for all 16 games! Shocker!

Anything is possible for us to lose!

Kodak on strike, no film at 11!
you just said what i said., good to have you on board
what was lost in the translation of the snark from a certain poster. is that cc is right even if some are in denial. if the o line keeps jimmy up right we can win 8 or 9 games. if it does not and he gets hurt and cj comes in. 4 or 5 wins. of course you can say that for most teams in the nfl and their qb situation but i only concern my self with the niners

News flash! if the Oline sucks we don't win! No one knew this! In a second bit of news if the starting QB goes down we will have a worse record than if he starts for all 16 games! Shocker!

lol, (cc better tell cc that his sarcasm meter needs adjustment.)
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
CC you worry wart! Don't worry about the O-Line, we have Richburg at center.

"When you have a center of the level of Alex or Weston, it changes a lot of things, things that people don't totally realize," Shanahan told Fann. "Sometimes you have to get in certain personnel groupings to help someone have an angle to a Mike linebacker (strong-side inside linebacker in a 3-4 defense) so you can help your center out with the guard. Sometimes you go into a one-back (formation) and now the Will (weak-side inside linebacker) has to walk outside the box and the angles to the Mike aren't as good, but you've got a center who can get there on his own and doesn't need the help.

"It allows you to do a bunch of different stuff. It puts more pressure on the center. It puts versatility in everything you can do, not just with the center but what your guards and tackles do. It helps solidify the entire O-line. That's usually where it starts. There are a lot of good players, but when you have a difference-maker at that position, I've found in my career that it's been a lot easier to run an offense."
https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Richburg-is-now-Centerpiece-of-49ers-Offensive-Line-477274213.html
Originally posted by oldninerdude:

lol, (cc better tell cc that his sarcasm meter needs adjustment.)

Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
TC and pre-season will be the acid test.

Also, there may be a cap casualty from another team that's worth looking at.

Yeah, they better gel quickly. Like Hero/thl noted, right out of the gate:

In the first 3 games, they'll face Everson Griffen, Linval Joseph, Danielle Hunter, Joey Bosa, Melvin Ingram, Danielle Hunter, Chris Jones, Justin Houston, etc. Add in the 5th game and it'll be the MGolden/CJones edge tandem in ARI.

Agree

That's a hell of a storm on the horizon.

In the first 3 games, they'll face Everson Griffen, Linval Joseph, Danielle Hunter, Joey Bosa, Melvin Ingram, Danielle Hunter, Chris Jones, Justin Houston, etc. Add in the 5th game and it'll be the MGolden/CJones edge tandem in ARI.

Agree

Kyle gonna be working JG and the offense on those passes under 2.5 seconds all TC.

Agree

Kyle gonna be working JG and the offense on those passes under 2.5 seconds all TC.

Good call!

This is where having a LEO will really help out.

I hope some one will step up and get it done.
The 49ers beat the number one sack defense last year and hung 44 points on them so anything is possible. Ask Ramsey. Scheme stuff. Learn sumthin duh
I agree--Josh Garnett is gonna get a ton of work all TC.

oh wait, you mean there's ANOTHER "JG" on the roster who needs work?

Ha...I bet one is 'pulling' for the other.
Is Laken gonna play LG or RG? I would put him as RG to help the rookie out and have the last competition on the line be the LG between cooper and garnett.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Is Laken gonna play LG or RG? I would put him as RG to help the rookie out and have the last competition on the line be the LG between cooper and garnett.

If he played LG last season, that's probably where he will stay, for continuity reasons.

Ha...I bet one is 'pulling' for the other.

His name is not listed, but that's Weston in the purple shirt. It looks like he's putting in extra work at the preeminent OL facility in the country.

[ Edited by Heroism on Jul 11, 2018 at 6:58 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone