There are 182 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Oh dayem, here it comes!

Offensive line
Joshua Garnett, who had been working exclusively at right guard, worked at left guard with the second-team unit during practice on Tuesday. "Garnett played at that spot last year at Stanford," reports Matt Barrows. "With Garnett on the left side, Ian Silberman played right guard (next to tackle Anthony Davis) with the second-team unit."

See more at: http://www.49erswebzone.com/news/95896-august-training-camp-notes-kaepernick-looks-sharp/#sthash.7sgAiy0X.dpuf

Staley - Garnett - Kilgore - Davis - Brown

That would be a formdable OLine.

I wouldn't even be upset at Tiller - Davis on the right side either.
Oh dayem, here it comes!

Offensive line
Joshua Garnett, who had been working exclusively at right guard, worked at left guard with the second-team unit during practice on Tuesday. "Garnett played at that spot last year at Stanford," reports Matt Barrows. "With Garnett on the left side, Ian Silberman played right guard (next to tackle Anthony Davis) with the second-team unit."

See more at: http://www.49erswebzone.com/news/95896-august-training-camp-notes-kaepernick-looks-sharp/#sthash.7sgAiy0X.dpuf

I wouldn't even be upset at Tiller - Davis on the right side either.

Ditto
Oh dayem, here it comes!

Offensive line

Would be a very nice oline there
Garnett switching to left is a very strong sign that Tiller will start at RG. The closer we get to week 1, the less likely we see guys switching positions on the OL.

I like the following lineup:
LT: Staley LG: Garnett C: Kilgore RG: Tiller RT: Davis

Then Brown and Beadles as the first guys off the bench. Theus and Martin inactive. Stash Cooper on PS. Cut everybody else.
Having linemen learn multiple spots is a very good plan. In the 80's it always surprised me how well prepared the team was when one guy got dinged up. I'd be more interested to learn if Garnett or Silverman was practicing at center?
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Having linemen learn multiple spots is a very good plan. In the 80's it always surprised me how well prepared the team was when one guy got dinged up. I'd be more interested to learn if Garnett or Silverman was practicing at center?

That would be nice to know too
Don't they usually want the best linemen on the weakside/blindside of the line ...

Garnett moving next to Staley may speak more on how well he's doing than anything. Learning next to Staley isn't so bad either.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
So they tell me Zane is getting beat in practice while Garnett is holding his own. lol
Originally posted by blm7754:
Garnett switching to left is a very strong sign that Tiller will start at RG. The closer we get to week 1, the less likely we see guys switching positions on the OL.

I like the following lineup:
LT: Staley LG: Garnett C: Kilgore RG: Tiller RT: Davis

Then Brown and Beadles as the first guys off the bench. Theus and Martin inactive. Stash Cooper on PS. Cut everybody else.

This, to me, is the most likely starting lineup IF Davis can beat out Brown which is no guarantee. Tiller and Brown will be starting against the Texan's 1's and I can't wait to see what they do in the run game and in pass protection.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

That would be nice to know too

Silberman played RG yesterday. Yeah, backup C, we just never hear anything about. I'll certainly be keying in on who comes in to play C after Kilgore is sub'd out.

Dam Thomas 3rd string. Not good at all. We gotta pray Kilgore and Staley never go down for a second. If Pears or Martin hit the field we in trouble. Running behind Garnett and Davis is gonna be a problem for defenses.
This, to me, is the most likely starting lineup IF Davis can beat out Brown which is no guarantee. Tiller and Brown will be starting against the Texan's 1's and I can't wait to see what they do in the run game and in pass protection.

Best lineup in terms of talent and fit IMO:

Staley (LT) Garnett (LG) Kilgore (C) Davis (RG) Brown (RT)

• Davis has been a pass rush liability his whole career--always thought he would make a much better OG--possibly All Pro level
  • Garnett played LG since college--switch sides not always as easy as made out to be
  • Entirely dependent on Brown's conditioning / mobility -- required to fit in Kelly's uptempo / zone blocking scheme

*Edited first bullet point (Davis / Not Brown)
[ Edited by abowers1984 on Aug 10, 2016 at 7:33 AM ]
Originally posted by abowers1984:

• Brown has been a pass rush liability his whole career--always thought he would make a much better OG--possibly All Pro level
  • Garnett played LG since college--switch sides not always as easy as made out to be

I've wanted this from the second I heard Davis was coming back. Road graders on the right, screens and ZBS all day to the left.
I'm telling yall ...its gone end up like this Staley/Garnett/Kilgore/Davis/Brown
That is such a gigantic upgrade over last season it's crazy.. that has potential to be a top 5 o line this year and we all know games are won and lost in the trenches... mix that with let's say a kaep controlled chip Kelly and our running game itself can maybe f*** around and won us 8-9 games... I'm telling u guys a great o line makes up for everything else that our offense lacks... Hyde kaep read option with that line is killer...mix that with a Patton reverse and a play action pass bomb to Torrey and that speed of his...chip knows the o line is a position that is the difference maker on this offense that's why hes experimenting... alrighty let's see how bad i get ripped lol
Originally posted by abowers1984:

• Brown has been a pass rush liability his whole career--always thought he would make a much better OG--possibly All Pro level

I've wanted this from the second I heard Davis was coming back. Road graders on the right, screens and ZBS all day to the left.

I'm "All-In"!
Share 49ersWebzone