LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 290 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by BigYellowKahuna:
Originally posted by Kali49er:
Does anyone know if any of the rookies that we drafted have experience at center? I really hope Kilgore plays a full season bought he never has and is injury prone. I have no faith in Marcus Martin at that position based off last year.

I wish Tiller could play center.

Agreed t
Don't overlook Balducci. He's got the size and strength and knows the position from a nt point of view. I think he' a sleeper for backup center.
Originally posted by Kali49er:
he never has and is injury prone.

How is Kilgore injury prone? He suffered a broken leg. One injury is not enough of a sample size to dub someone "injury prone." There is no reason to believe that he will break his leg again.
Interesting take on OLine.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2016/7/4/12090270/49ers-offensive-line-better-worse-or-same-in-2016

I think we'll be better.

Kilgore better than Fartin

Beadles better than Boone

Tiller/garnet better than Deavy.

Big question at RT.
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Don't overlook Balducci. He's got the size and strength and knows the position from a nt point of view. I think he' a sleeper for backup center.

good point, OND. I know he is being tried at NT but would not mind seeing him at OC. It would be a hoot if the guy played both ways with getting spelled now and then. Virtually impossible in Chip's up tempo, but still, nice to dream.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by oldninerdude:

good point, OND. I know he is being tried at NT but would not mind seeing him at OC. It would be a hoot if the guy played both ways with getting spelled now and then. Virtually impossible in Chip's up tempo, but still, nice to dream.

I think he's only getting worked at center
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

He is on the OL, not DL.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

http://www.ninersnation.com/2016/7/4/12090270/49ers-offensive-line-better-worse-or-same-in-2016

I think we'll be better.

Big question at RT.

A box of Ho-Hos would be better than Devry
Originally posted by frozen49er:

I think we'll be better.

Big question at RT.

our depth at C scares me more than RT at the moment.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

I think we'll be better.

Big question at RT.

I feel the same. I'm hoping Kilgore bulked up this off season b/c even though we'll be running a ZBS a lot, Kelly is all about power on the inside with Beadles - Kilgore - Garnett and if he loses ground, these inside runs will be blown up. And I don't think anybody feels comfortable with Martin backing him up or a converted NT. I feel fine with Brown even if worst case scenario, we have to rotate him from time to time. We have 4 potential players there.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Alex Mack would have looked good in red. Can't be throwing away extra millions doe.

I think we'll be better.

Big question at RT.

Agree

AND, our depth at LT is also scary.

I think we'll be better.

Big question at RT.

Agree

I'm very interested in how well Colin Kelly plays in TC/PS. He could be the swing tackle. I'm also fairly hopeful, re: Cooper and (to a lesser degree) Theus, as spot work, fill-in guys. We really need Brown to step up at RT, or for Kelly/Cooper to knock some socks off and emerge as the guy. If Brown loses the RT job, be should be fine as a swing tackle, since he'd be unlikely to be called on to take every snap in a game.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

I think we'll be better.

Big question at RT.

Agree

I'm very interested in how well Colin Kelly plays in TC/PS. He could be the swing tackle. I'm also fairly hopeful, re: Cooper and (to a lesser degree) Theus, as spot work, fill-in guys. We really need Brown to step up at RT, or for Kelly/Cooper to knock some socks off and emerge as the guy. If Brown loses the RT job, be should be fine as a swing tackle, since he'd be unlikely to be called on to take every snap in a game.

If conditioning is the problem then he should be a great spot player...if that is the only reason he loses the job.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

I think we'll be better.

Big question at RT.

Agree

I'm w/you on Brown.

Man, if he can lose weight and get into "Kelly-Shape", we'll be doing very well this season.
Originally posted by SoCold:
Alex Mack would have looked good in red. Can't be throwing away extra millions doe.

He sure woulf have and getting Wisniewski would have also been a solid signing at center.

IMO, getting Mitchell Schwartz would have been an excellent pick-up at RT and he's just hitting his prime.
Share 49ersWebzone