LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 404 users in the forums

So does anyone know which type of offense we are going to run?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • REB4
Originally posted by NCommand:
They had no one foundation. The playbook and philosophy HaRoman subscribed too was a conglomerate of about 18 different types of offenses and each week, they'd install, essentially, a new offense, depending on the opponent. We did have somewhat of an identity in that they wanted to establish the run to ensure PA passes. We'll probably go back to that as part of the philosophy but it sounds like we'll add much more...utilizing the RB's in the passing game, TE's again, stretch the defense, use full width of the field, more diverse personnel, ZBS, etc. I still don't know if the foundation will be one sole philosophy such as the WCO...and everything is built off those principles or not. That remains to be seen.
Yet another Baalke lacky trying to explain away the drivel that was JTomsula's future offensive philosophy. You are describing Harbaugh's offense if he had the right personnel like he did at Stanford. The idea is to have a run plYou need two TEs that don't drop the ball in crucial situations like both Davis and Vance McDonald did. Is McDonald going to suddenly magically develop Jerry Rice hands? Is that what's going to happen? He's yet another wasted #2 pick. The foundation of Harbaugh's & Roman's offense is two TEs that can block & catch the ball in the seams or in the flat and let them gain YACs and we won't have those this year either. Their offense has also included a WR that could surprise the D deep when they start stacking the line of scrimmage to stop the power run game. None of those existed last year and it's yet to be determined of T Smith is the guy to do that.
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/OC-Geep-Chryst-49ers-Not-That-Far-Away-from-Playoffs/2dab8e0d-f937-4d80-b448-8fc7fb04e878?campaign=social_20150326_42756306&adbid=581169724844716032&adbpl=tw&adbpr=43403778

1 0n 1 with Geep.

Let me save you 2 boobless minutes: only thing he said was he looks forward to having some uptempo practices.

im not really too sold on him yet... we'll just have to see. hopefully this coaching staff isn't another singletary staff..
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/OC-Geep-Chryst-49ers-Not-That-Far-Away-from-Playoffs/2dab8e0d-f937-4d80-b448-8fc7fb04e878?campaign=social_20150326_42756306&adbid=581169724844716032&adbpl=tw&adbpr=43403778

1 0n 1 with Geep.

Let me save you 2 boobless minutes: only thing he said was he looks forward to having some uptempo practices.

im not really too sold on him yet... we'll just have to see. hopefully this coaching staff isn't another singletary staff..

I dont have much of an inclination either way..I was more just commenting how incredibly bland Taylor Price's interviews are. I swear the guy is everyone's best friend bc they know he is throwing up nothing but softballs.

The fact that he is going to try and be more uptempo I am A ok with though, I couldn't stand watching CK trying to peyton manning his way to .001 left on the play clock.
Not sure where to post this but on Instagram I went to a post I found amusing of AD's. Basically a fan called him scared for leaving because he had to learn a new offense.

AD as the troll. He quickly retorted. "This new offense is like basic math, and harbaugh's offense was like trigonometry."

Not sure what too think? Is this a good thing, or a bad thing? Simple isn't always a bad thing.

Trolls in 3..2...1..
[ Edited by philosoraptor on Jul 19, 2015 at 3:31 PM ]
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
Not sure where to post this but on Instagram I went to a post I found amusing of AD's. Basically a fan called him scared for leaving because he had to learn a new offense.

AD as the troll. He quickly retorted. "This new offense is like basic math, and harbaugh's offense was like trigonometry."

Not sure what too think? Is this a good thing, or a bad thing? Simple isn't always a bad thing.

Trolls in 3..2...1..

AD would have had to perhaps slim down a bit but I doubt he retired due to learning a new scheme. I will take him at his word as to his retirement but he ain't my concern anymore to be honest
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Trolls in 3..2...1..

AD would have had to perhaps slim down a bit but I doubt he retired due to learning a new scheme. I will take him at his word as to his retirement but he ain't my concern anymore to be honest

Agree.

He's in the wind and gone.

out w/the Old and IN w/the New.

Trolls in 3..2...1..

Considering that Rutgers ran a ZBS offense, I'm sure Davis didn't retire due to learning a "new" blocking scheme. His comments hinting at simplicity either align with Geep's stated goal of providing streamlined terminology and playcalling, or Davis' comfort and experience within a ZBS.
Davis also didn't pull punches when he was mad at Harbaugh, either. If you remember his concussion, he wasn't pleased that Harbaugh was more concerned about Davis getting of the field before they had to burn a timeout than he was about Davis' health, and Davis claimed he was nearly unconscious.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

Trolls in 3..2...1..

Considering that Rutgers ran a ZBS offense, I'm sure Davis didn't retire due to learning a "new" blocking scheme. His comments hinting at simplicity either align with Geep's stated goal of providing streamlined terminology and playcalling, or Davis' comfort and experience within a ZBS.

I agree with this. I think we will see a streamlined offense featuring a ZBS. Formation wise I'm sure it will look very similar to the past 4 years and im sure we will see the same passing concepts. However, I think we will see some differences, namely I believe the HB will be involved a lot more in the passing game whether it's thru screens or checkdowns.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Jul 19, 2015 at 6:08 PM ]

Trolls in 3..2...1..

My personal opinion is that if Willis, Justin or AD actually believed this team had a shot at another Superbowl run, they wouldn't have left. AD might be a lot of things, but he speaks his mind and says what he believes. I dont see how anyone could be more positive than negative about this coaching staff. Though its hard to imagine our offense being worst than last year, of course, we could always start turning the ball over multiple times a game or lose the field position battle.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Jul 19, 2015 at 8:31 PM ]

Oak, I thot the same thing about Justin and p-52. In the end they didn't see a SB this yr, maybe none in the future either. And the borland thing just made everything worse. Basically wiht the walking wounded returning PLUS the draft class, (and one damn good FA WR), maybe cowboy and Pat will get to see us make a legit run...whether this yr or not, TC will tell, as will practices, PS, and , here is the big one....JT turns out to be just the guy we needed. When we got JH he was the primo guy in all camps needing a HC. Turns out that was wrong. Now we get the low key guy, but unlike big MIke, Tomsula is VERY knowledgeable on both sides of the ball, and of importance to me is a Line coach. Those are the guys that really see the game, feel the game, have a sense of the game( the good ones, naturally)...whisenhunt comes to mind for one. So no i have no idea where we end up this yr, but i do know this. We will be a much better team this yr...basically based on one thing....harbaw is gone, and Trent has a bunch of talent waiting to show their stuff.

What could be a better way for us to start the season.?
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Yes

Trolls in 3..2...1..

LMAO. How would he know...he never made it to camp to see the playbook. His fat ass never showed up b/c he knew damn well he'd have to lose a lot of weight, trim down, hit the cardio big time, etc. in order to get back to his ZBS success (college). He knew EXACTLY what was in store and he'd rather be a twitter whore for a year. Gone were the days of him just showing up and playing in the power run offense.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Oak, I thot the same thing about Justin and p-52. In the end they didn't see a SB this yr, maybe none in the future either. And the borland thing just made everything worse. Basically wiht the walking wounded returning PLUS the draft class, (and one damn good FA WR), maybe cowboy and Pat will get to see us make a legit run...whether this yr or not, TC will tell, as will practices, PS, and , here is the big one....JT turns out to be just the guy we needed. When we got JH he was the primo guy in all camps needing a HC. Turns out that was wrong. Now we get the low key guy, but unlike big MIke, Tomsula is VERY knowledgeable on both sides of the ball, and of importance to me is a Line coach. Those are the guys that really see the game, feel the game, have a sense of the game( the good ones, naturally)...whisenhunt comes to mind for one. So no i have no idea where we end up this yr, but i do know this. We will be a much better team this yr...basically based on one thing....harbaw is gone, and Trent has a bunch of talent waiting to show their stuff.

What could be a better way for us to start the season.?

Very well put sir!

I think Trent got a guy, JT, who will put is vision on the players he drafted into action.

I'm VERY excited to get the show started and prove all the haters and media clones wrong!
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Trolls in 3..2...1..

My personal opinion is that if Willis, Justin or AD actually believed this team had a shot at another Superbowl run, they wouldn't have left. AD might be a lot of things, but he speaks his mind and says what he believes. I dont see how anyone could be more positive than negative about this coaching staff. Though its hard to imagine our offense being worst than last year, of course, we could always start turning the ball over multiple times a game or lose the field position battle.

That's a bit of contradiction. You recognize our offense couldn't get any worse...that ALONE is reason for optimism under a new coaching regime. Given that they've already addressed every single one of our offensive "issues" over the past 4 years already would be ANOTHER reason for optimism. It still has to be done on the field but clearly, none of the 4-year offensive issues were ever going to be fixed under HaRoman. Clearly. So, by default, this offense will be better than last year and has the chance to improve significantly upon many areas that were never addressed/fixed under the previous regime.

So yeah, I'm very excited to see this new approach to offense. It can't be any worse, right? 52 sacks...averaging 4 points in the second halfs of games...no TD's by CK in the 4Q, absolutely predictable to the opposition, always out-coached in big games, etc.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jul 20, 2015 at 7:51 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone