There are 183 users in the forums

So does anyone know which type of offense we are going to run?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I have been sifting throughout the forum and trying to figure what type of offense we are going to be running? I read the thread on Chryst but I did not get much from it. Do you guys think that we might get to a similar offense that we had in 2012? I was thinking would we be able to be similar to 2012 with a zone blocking scheme?
hopefully nothing like last years
We're going to run that offense that sees us in the end zone often .
Logan started out as a WCO guy but evolved into a more vertical game. If he influences Chryst they may put more emphasis on diversifying the offense. Baalke, Jed and Tomsula have all said the team would still be a power running team.

I'm more concerned with playcalling than what they call the offense. I'm hoping for a more upbeat, quick offense...but it's a long time before training camp!
Wish I knew, particularly with all the ZBS speculation.

As long as next year at this time we are referring to it as the "Chryst high scoring, high octane offense" I think I'd be happy!
Does anybody know what terminology they use? Is the terminology west coast or coryell or whatever?
Originally posted by fister30:
Does anybody know what terminology they use? Is the terminology west coast or coryell or whatever?

I'm pretty sure they are gonna keep the WCO verbiage already installed.

As far as chryst last time as an OC, it was under Mike Riley in SD. Riley is considered a WCO guy.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Didn't Balke & Jim Tomsula come out saying we're getting back to our strengths? Which means run run pass
Haven't you heard. We are going for the Anti-Roman Offence. Gonna be great

Offense that doesn't snap the ball with 00 on the play clock. It will be similar to the 2012 offense with more short passing and qb option plays IMO.
We need to play to Kaps strengths. He's not a cerebral, drop back QB...he needs to pull the ball down and go, run some bootlegs, and get downfield. That will open things up for the receivers. I understand he was injured in 2013 and they were trying to protect him in 2014 by not designing QB runs but you gotta let him loose. He's not Wilson or RG3 where he's going to get clobbered. He's big enough to deliver hits against LBs and DBs and he's still quick enough to get out of bounds and avoid the hit. Run some options, some bootlegs and pistol and then mix in the passes over the middle to Boldin and some slants to VD. And throw the friggin screen pass to Hyde every now and then.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Imo it will be similar to 2012 offense. Run and play action, bootlegs and also pistol sets.
I expect to see a mixture of the read-option along with a version of what the 49ers did in the 80's 3 step drops and screens
Originally posted by English:
Haven't you heard. We are going for the Anti-HaRoman Offence. Gonna be great

Yes!
Share 49ersWebzone