LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 209 users in the forums

Patrick Willis interview w Takeo Spikes

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Anyone see the interview of Patrick Willis with Takeo Spikes? It really got me thinking when he spoke about losing the Super Bowl. To me, it sounds like when we lost the Super Bowl reality set in. He realized that was probably as close as he will ever get. And that there is more to life than playing football. He lived his whole life to get to that point and they didn't win it. Searching for a reason why, he realized there is much more to life.

My question is this, do you think Patrick Willis would have retired this year if we won that Super Bowl?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Adman311:
Anyone see the interview of Patrick Willis with Takeo Spikes? It really got me thinking when he spoke about losing the Super Bowl. To me, it sounds like when we lost the Super Bowl reality set in. He realized that was probably as close as he will ever get. And that there is more to life than playing football. He lived his whole life to get to that point and they didn't win it. Searching for a reason why, he realized there is much more to life.

My question is this, do you think Patrick Willis would have retired this year if we won that Super Bowl?
only he and his feet know for sure,, he is one guy i take at total face value. after what he did, he has the right to do whatever he wants, whenever he wants.
I agree. Great role model.
well when we lost the super bowl, one of the first things i thought was, well there goes our chance at a ring with that core (nolan/sing era guys). as a homer you always want to believe you'll be back, and we were really close the next season, but history of the league shows you usually get 1 chance at a super bowl ring as a player. yes lots of players played in multiple super bowls, some of them on iconic teams, but way more guys never make it there. some of the greatest players in league history never played in a super bowl. so when you get to one you shouldnt assume you'll back.
I want 2 More years Out of Patrick. He has 2 ELITE years left, this coming 2015 and then next year 2016. I hope he changes his mind about staying retired and comes back for Training camp this year.
He said zero chance that happens .
Blame HaRoman!!
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
I want 2 More years Out of Patrick. He has 2 ELITE years left, this coming 2015 and then next year 2016. I hope he changes his mind about staying retired and comes back for Training camp this year.

Not gonna happen
f that greedy ray lewis and his fake "god" rant....murderer influenced the refs and got an undeserved 2nd ring
I think a lot of players retire if we would have won

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
f that greedy ray lewis and his fake "god" rant....murderer influenced the refs and got an undeserved 2nd ring

I get so sick of people calling him a murderer. Did one of his friends kill soneone, and did Ray lie about what happened, sure, but he didn't actually kill anyone.

Plus when it comes down to it, we(and by we I mean Haroman) lost that game by not giving it to Gore.
  • thl408
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:

I get so sick of people calling him a murderer. Did one of his friends kill soneone, and did Ray lie about what happened, sure, but he didn't actually kill anyone.

Plus when it comes down to it, we(and by we I mean Haroman) lost that game by not giving it to Gore.

I love ripping scabs off. Let's do it again.
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:

Ray did it, he tossed his bloody white suit...why do you think he went straight and became God fearing
yeah, I'm a believer that Ray did it, because everytime he speaks on it, its like he's subliminally trying to take credit for it, and yeah we should have gave it to Gore or at least run it in with Kaep.
I wonder if Patrick Willis will be back again here next year when his toes need first healthy full. He would probably play again for next year. Hopefully!
Share 49ersWebzone