LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

Double Standard? Ray McDonald kicked off the team, Bruce Miller not even fined!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by buck:
A discussion of talking heads on CSN ignored Miller almost entirely and focused their attention and ire on Jed York and Trent Baalke.

Miller was arrested on a misdemeanor domestic abuse charge, and more than likely is facing a automatic six-game suspension Yet, his care is being almost totally ignored by the media.

Miller, in my estimation, screwed up. If he did shove the woman, and there seems to little doubt that he did, Miller hurt the team. He had to know the damage shoving a woman could have on the team. He should have just effing walked away.

I am not calling for his head, but I am not happy with him.

Thank you. Nobody on here is acknowledging that Bruce screwed up w/PROVEN facts.

Ray Mac for all intents and purposes was innocent in regards to his last 2 incidents.

And if having consensual sex puts a person in quote un quote a "bad situation," I'm F-CKED!
Originally posted by KID9R:
This. This race discussion has absolutely no intelligence behind it.

Unfortunately,
Racism/Prejudice does exist against all types of people and orientations.

Yes, we have to let the process play itself out.

However from my observations, the media attacked Ray McDonald regardless of the facts and failed to acknowledge that there were perhaps 100 witnesses/people (I'm guessing w/the 100 but , teamates, spouses, friends and family were there) yet not 1 person stated they saw Ray hit his wife, most stated that she hit Ray.

Bruce Miller was seen pushing his girlfriend to the floor and smashing her cell phone 100% fact! Witnesses were there. Where's the media? Where's the outrage?

I think people it's naive to say that we live in a world free from racism or prejudice. Just sad that media is not progressing/evolving as I hoped it would in 2015.
Ray Mac was given more chances then Millerd will get.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Once again, let's review the FACTS

1.) His wife hit him and he got busted for being innocent
2.) He screws some chick for 2 days in a row partying it up and he gets released for "putting himself in a bad situation"

So far, no one has signed Ray Mac, so where's his 2nd chance.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Did it go to trial and was there a conviction?

Was this a 2nd time or multiple times like McDonald?

There is not double standard. Stuff kept happening with McDonald over and over and over inlcuding Aldon Smith crashing into trees at 7:00 am after spending time at his house. McDonald is a BAD SEED. Miller has 1 accusation which we don't even have a conclusion on yet and we don't know if it is true.

Is it the dreads that make him a BAD SEED...
Originally posted by Garlicboy:

Once again, let's review the FACTS

1.) His wife hit him and he got busted for being innocent
2.) He screws some chick for 2 days in a row partying it up and he gets released for "putting himself in a bad situation"

So far, no one has signed Ray Mac, so where's his 2nd chance.

We gave him a chance after his DUI, stuck by him when he was arrested due to a clerical error, stuck by him under immense pressure to bench him after the ray rice scandal, and he has another incident involving police and random bar hoes.

I say we gave him plenty of chances. Miller is looking at 7 games off the bat.

Again, McDonald had his chances and he is getting blaclballed cause he's an idiot.
We gave him a chance after his DUI, stuck by him when he was arrested due to a clerical error, stuck by him under immense pressure to bench him after the ray rice scandal, and he has another incident involving police and random bar hoes.

Again, McDonald had his chances and he is getting blaclballed cause he's an idiot.

Unless your profession involves driving, since when does a DUI disqualify you from employment.

And last I heard it was a free country. Guy could have 2 hoes a night, since when is that a crime? Wilt Chamberlain did it for more than a decade.

What was he GUILTY of that warranted getting kicked off the team?
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
can you even fine players in the off season? i honestly don't know.
Originally posted by KID9R:
This. This race discussion has absolutely no intelligence behind it.

Unfortunately,
Racism/Prejudice does exist against all types of people and orientations.

Yes, we have to let the process play itself out.

However from my observations, the media attacked Ray McDonald regardless of the facts and failed to acknowledge that there were perhaps 100 witnesses/people (I'm guessing w/the 100 but , teamates, spouses, friends and family were there) yet not 1 person stated they saw Ray hit his wife, most stated that she hit Ray.

Bruce Miller was seen pushing his girlfriend to the floor and smashing her cell phone 100% fact! Witnesses were there. Where's the media? Where's the outrage?

I think people it's naive to say that we live in a world free from racism or prejudice. Just sad that media is not progressing/evolving as I hoped it would in 2015.

A little context. This happened to RayMac when Rice made the NFL look horrible and the media was going crazy. Also add in AP beating his kid and you have a perfect storm.

While Miller isn't making the headlines, the NFL isn't being viewed like it was from the Rice fallout. If this incident happened in the middle of the season last year, you better believe this gets talked about a lot more.

Unless your profession involves driving, since when does a DUI disqualify you from employment.

And last I heard it was a free country. Guy could have 2 hoes a night, since when is that a crime? Wilt Chamberlain did it for more than a decade.

What was he GUILTY of that warranted getting kicked off the team?

There's a lot of professions other than driving that can disqualify you to terminate you for a DUI.

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
We can't fine our mascot

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
Ohhhh stop it!! Can't you see we're already in deep shiit with our players dropping like flies? Give the team a break.
To say media have ignored it is ridiculous. There have been posts saying he should be suspended. What everyone has to acknowledge is there isn't the same interaction with media and staff at this time of year, there aren't any games (or even training just now) AND, if people haven't noticed, we have had more than our share of stories to cover recently, most of them about higher profile players.

If it gets to OTAs etc, and charges are still against him, and he joins training without any word of punishment, then that is a different issue.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Did it go to trial and was there a conviction?

Was this a 2nd time or multiple times like McDonald?

There is not double standard. Stuff kept happening with McDonald over and over and over inlcuding Aldon Smith crashing into trees at 7:00 am after spending time at his house. McDonald is a BAD SEED. Miller has 1 accusation which we don't even have a conclusion on yet and we don't know if it is true.

Is it the dreads that make him a BAD SEED...

No it's the multiple things over and over versus 1 time of just an accusation which we don't even know is true or not at this point. The accusations by the way with McDonald were far more serious.

1) Multiple problems.
2) More serious problems.
3) History and pattern.

For McDonald.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
based on hard evidence, mcdonald needs to get his job back, along with an apology.
Share 49ersWebzone