LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 309 users in the forums

Double Standard? Ray McDonald kicked off the team, Bruce Miller not even fined!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I hate to bring it up negativity regarding my beloved 49ers, but am I the only one who feels that there is a double standard going on regarding disciplinary measures taken by the 49ers for players who have cases involving domestic violence and police involvement?

Ray McDonald was not charged w/any domestic violence with the many witnesses at the scene of his birthday party. Weeks later, he gets ACCUSED, not CHARGED, of rape and he gets kicked off the team. Reports say that it was consensual sex. The girl stayed the next day and had drinks and more sex, not exactly the actions of a girl who was raped.

Bruce Miller pushes and breaks a woman's phone (not sure if it's his wife or girlfriend), with WITNESSES who CONFIRMED what happened. Yet, he is not fined, suspended, nothing.

It's just shocking to me.

Their notoriety and popularity aboue the same. Both players are good, both not superstars, If anything Bruce Miller might be more popular because he plays offense and has scored some touchdowns. The media was all over Ray McDonald, but I haven't seen anybody hounding Bruce Miller. A free pass for Bruce Miller.

I hate to bring up race, but what's the deal!

Your thoughts...
We can't fine our mascot
Aren't you a little impatient? It's a process. When it's complete the sky will fall on his candy ass.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Ray was cut after his second time. 1st time they let the case play out. The Miller case is still ongoing. End thread.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
that wife beater should be cut asap
Oh, give it time. Still early.
ray mcdonald played most of the season until the court made a decision.. it was his second mistake that got him cut..
come on.. the guy pushes his wife and his whole NFL career is in jeopardy.. thats too much.. what if she was screaming and b***hing in his face and he just pushed her back.. thats one thing.. but if he pushed her like Ray Rice did and then punched her thats another story..
Originally posted by pd24:
Ray was cut after his second time. 1st time they let the case play out. The Miller case is still ongoing. End thread.

Seriously. This thread need not go any further than this. Ray was cut cause he repeatedly put himself in stupid situations. This is Bruce's first offense. Take a chill pill.
Originally posted by susweel:

this
que the "thats racist" meme.

This. Ray just couldnt keep his name out of the headlines for off the field stuff. If Bruce is found guilty or does something else dumb, then there will be one less ginger in Santa Clara.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Aren't you a little impatient? It's a process. When it's complete the sky will fall on his candy ass.

its a process , just like giving the new coaches the benefit of the doubt, and i really do not concern myself with ray anymore since he is a x niner and will remain one for the rest of his life
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dsoto87:

Seriously. This thread need not go any further than this. Ray was cut cause he repeatedly put himself in stupid situations. This is Bruce's first offense. Take a chill pill.

but it advances the winning with class everyone likes to bring up, the fact that that was directed at the x coach who did weekly temper tantrums but thats a whole other story for a whole other thread
  • thl408

He's not a wife beater. He's a girlfriend pusher.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:

He's not a wife beater. He's a girlfriend pusher.

steppenwolf did a song called pusher back in the day
Share 49ersWebzone