LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

Salary Cap question as of 3/15 and how we handle it

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:
I would re-sign Aldon right now, because if you wait until the end of the year, and he puts up15-20 sacks, he will be exponentially higher

Question is, for how much?
It just talk u don't know what Aldon going to do
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:
I would re-sign Aldon right now, because if you wait until the end of the year, and he puts up15-20 sacks, he will be exponentially higher

Why would Alcon sign a contract now when he knows that he's going to ball out this year?
Originally posted by NCommand:
Sign that one first-day needed FA. Then roll the rest of the $ over for next year to pay Aldon and extend others. Continue to work your analytics and bring in second and third tier FA's to fill out your 90 man roster while acquiring additional Comp picks. This allows you to be more free on draft day. A day Baalke usually picks up additional picks every year (or for next).

Totally agree.

And we will need some $$$ to keep Aldon, especially if he has a monster year like I feel he will.
Sign that one first-day needed FA. Then roll the rest of the $ over for next year to pay Aldon and extend others. Continue to work your analytics and bring in second and third tier FA's to fill out your 90 man roster while acquiring additional Comp picks. This allows you to be more free on draft day. A day Baalke usually picks up additional picks every year (or for next).

I really hope we fine a free agent like Justin Smith when the Bangles released him
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Constantine:

I really hope we fine a free agent like Justin Smith when the Bangles released him
alot of people hated the signing cuz he did not sack people
Originally posted by cciowa:

The Cowboy did his job the best, he always got doubled team and took on the double team to allow A. Smith to make sacks. J. Smith is a once in a life time player. I hope Ican get his Jersey some day.
Its a hard life for a DE in a 3-4
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Constantine:

That was very true...would be fun to revisit that time period when we signed him. IIRC most were luke warm on him esp. with his contract.
The silver lining when higher priced vets retire is you inherit some nice cap space. I agree, Baalke's just waiting to see what vets get cut and sign one or two to bolster OL, maybe the secondary, who knows. Anyway, if Mathis is one of 'em I'm down with that, especially with Boone becoming a UFA next year.

Share 49ersWebzone