There are 168 users in the forums

Niners sign Reggie Bush

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I like the signing and I think Bush has some tread left, but the one aspect I like that he brings is big game experience. I think from vantage point I see Bush becoming a leader. Remember he was also a 49ers fan growing up, and he wanted to play "here". For the cost of his contract we get a leader with experience, skills, a veteran savvy to lead the young RB's and the team. Pretty solid signing.
I cant wait to see Reggie go in motion out of the backfield and into the slot, where I feel he can do a lot of damage, he is the kind of weapon we need to loosen things up, with Torrey Smith and Reggie on the field at the same time, Vernon should see some space and single coverage in the middle of the field , I'm hoping for more explosiveness from our offense , and if you combine the speed and playmaking abilities of our weapons on offense, our attack shouldn't sputter and not be so damn predictable
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MntIdaGold:
I like the signing and I think Bush has some tread left, but the one aspect I like that he brings is big game experience. I think from vantage point I see Bush becoming a leader. Remember he was also a 49ers fan growing up, and he wanted to play "here". For the cost of his contract we get a leader with experience, skills, a veteran savvy to lead the young RB's and the team. Pretty solid signing.

the leadership thing is pretty big. a few people, for whatever reason, ripped on him for talking alot here in the pre season but i love it. he is a vet, he has thrown himself into the niner culture and legacy. he is super happy to be here and i have no issue of him talking to the media about the good things that we do not see that is going on. we need guys to step up and be leaders and reggie is doing that so kudos to him. i think kendal does it to but is not as talkative as reggie is. i know i am getting ahead of myself but i am already thinking how nice it would be for him to be on our team next year. if davis comes on strong that may make reggie expendable but plenty of time to deal with that down the road. for now, i am super happy he is here and very pleased by what he is doing and what he is saying
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
I cant wait to see Reggie go in motion out of the backfield and into the slot, where I feel he can do a lot of damage, he is the kind of weapon we need to loosen things up, with Torrey Smith and Reggie on the field at the same time, Vernon should see some space and single coverage in the middle of the field , I'm hoping for more explosiveness from our offense , and if you combine the speed and playmaking abilities of our weapons on offense, our attack shouldn't sputter and not be so damn predictable

i am just shaking my head at what you are describing. not because i think you are wrong but my god,,,,,, could we actually see that stuff instead of miller deep and a fullback dive as our featured play?
Originally posted by cciowa:

i am just shaking my head at what you are describing. not because i think you are wrong but my god,,,,,, could we actually see that stuff instead of miller deep and a fullback dive as our featured play?

The nerve of that Jim Tomsula using backs with speed out of the backfield and in the slot. Doesn't he know that Bruce "Going Deep" Miller is the man for the job
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by cciowa:

The nerve of that Jim Tomsula using backs with speed out of the backfield and in the slot. Doesn't he know that Bruce "Going Deep" Miller is the man for the job
i think the funniest thing of all,, its funny now,,,,, is when someone here actually defended that by saying, roman was trying to be "creative'
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
damnnn, i hated that..

I hated it when I see Bruce " the deep heat" Miller going in motion..

there was a game where I think, one of Seattle LBs didn't even bother to run and line up across him... and I have always complained about this freaking plays..

anyhow, back to the present, if we can somehow get a hold of the old Eric Metcalf or David Meggett games and plays, we can then use Reggie as our Swiss Knife..

what we shoud not expect is for him to carry 20 to 25x per game (tho he could) and leave those to Mr. Davis & Dr. Clyde combo..
Originally posted by 9moon:
what we shoud not expect is for him to carry 20 to 25x per game (tho he could) and leave those to Mr. Davis & Dr. Clyde combo..

Especially since he's never had more than an average of about 14 carries a game with any team he's played for. He's the change-up. His best season was just two years ago - he put up over 1000 yards rushing on 223 attempts and another 500 yards on about 50 receptions. If he compliments this offense with anything like that kind of production, I think Niner fans are going to be very happy.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
yes, and I agree... his best season was with Miami..

again, if we can keep the ball between Hyde and Davis, and allow Bush and his slashing style to finish up the game in the 4th QTR, this will be good for the tteam, and great for Kaep..

Kaep wont have to carry the team in the 4th all by himself, and with a back like Reggie (change of phase) I can imagine Kaep getting back to his old running form of the Pistol Offense..

You can almost tell last year that defenses did not fear and respect Gore any longer and would dare kaep to run the ball so he can take some pounding.. this year, lets hope that we have enough RBs to make opposing team hesitate..
Originally posted by 9moon:

You can almost tell last year that defenses did not fear and respect Gore any longer and would dare kaep to run the ball so he can take some pounding.. this year, lets hope that we have enough RBs to make opposing team hesitate..

I'm not sure it was a lack of respect for Gore. After teams had seen that same blocking scheme year after year with very little change, I think they just knew where to stack up defenders and who to follow towards the hole on any given play - half the time it was go where Miller is going or go where Iupati is pulling. And lets face it - the passing game was pedestrian most of the time and they just didn't respect it enough to back away from the line.

Well said crake
For the record i have no problem with bush taking a leadersip role in the media. My pbjectipn was that it seemed like cynical ployby fo to take attention away the fact that fg was no lpnger in the house.
young kids are susceptible to that the ones who don't have their own memories.
I hope things work out with Bush and Hyde. Is anyone a little concerned that hyde was actually trying to lose weight for the season? I know this belongs in a separate thread but I had to throw it in here.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
I hope things work out with Bush and Hyde. Is anyone a little concerned that hyde was actually trying to lose weight for the season? I know this belongs in a separate thread but I had to throw it in here.

I excited that he has made a self assessment and determined he could be more efficient as a player at a reduced weight. To me this shows commitment and taking ownership at work. Makes me happy as a fan
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Well said crake

Thanks, bro!
Share 49ersWebzone