LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 357 users in the forums

OL Erik Pears

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Monroe when healthy has the athletic ability that Chip covets for his olineman. I think the fit is there. But he's also pushing 30 and was injured most of last season. How healthy is he? How recovered is he?

I also know Monroe was one of those guys a couple months back pushing for the NFL to legalize marijuana, so I wonder if that will scare off teams.

Age at OT isn't as important as say RB or more skilled postions IMO. I'm not saying we should do it but no harm in checking out what they want in a trade or bringing him in if they cut him for some reason...pears at RT
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by walker807:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Can we please cut him. Is Devey still on the team?

Cutting him makes zero sense. He will likely be the backup swing tackle. He's got experience and would get signed in short order by another team if cut. Not saying I want him starting but I do prefer a vet backup over a couple of rookie this season. Let him go after this year.

I'm OK with this as well...but only this.
i like my theory better but then again. what am i supposed to say?

Too many words!
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Age at OT isn't as important as say RB or more skilled postions IMO. I'm not saying we should do it but no harm in checking out what they want in a trade or bringing him in if they cut him for some reason...pears at RT

Tell me about it. I agreed with you that Monroe is a fit for what this offense expects from it's tackles. Hes got those quick feet and is nimble in space. However he has missed half his eligible games the last couple of seasons and that includes shoulder, ankle, and knee injuries and while your right tackles have a good shelf life, thats alot of beating on that body lately and that's why I asked how is his recovery? He isnt ancient in age, no doubt but he is getting to that NFL age where injuries don't always heal like they did in the younger 20 's, especially when he plays one of the most physical positions on a play by play basis.

With that said. If Trent inquires and decides to make it happen, I wouldn't lose sleep over the move. After all, they know more than I do on his current ability and medical availability.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Jun 15, 2016 at 8:43 AM ]

Tell me about it. I agreed with you that Monroe is a fit for what this offense expects from it's tackles. Hes got those quick feet and is nimble in space. However he has missed half his eligible games the last couple of seasons and that includes shoulder, ankle, and knee injuries and while your right tackles have a good shelf life, thats alot of beating on that body lately and that's why I asked how is his recovery? He isnt ancient in age, no doubt but he is getting to that NFL age where injuries don't always heal like they did in the younger 20 's, especially when he plays one of the most physical positions on a play by play basis.

With that said. If Trent inquires and decides to make it happen, I wouldn't lose sleep over the move. After all, they know more than I do on his current ability and medical availability.

Yeah I'm on the same page with you on Monroe. I think it would be a upgrade from Pears because he's that bad but I'd completely understand if they didn't do anything.

Yeah I'm on the same page with you on Monroe. I think it would be a upgrade from Pears because he's that bad but I'd completely understand if they didn't do anything.

I think at this point a large rock would be better than Pears, atleast that could trip a mo fo.
I think at this point a large rock would be better than Pears, atleast that could trip a mo fo.

Lol
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the "expectation" is the Ravens will have made a decision on LT Eugene Monroe by the end of the day Thursday.

Per RapSheet, the move could even come down sometime Wednesday. At least by the end of the week, Monroe should be out of Baltimore and looking for his next opportunity. If the Ravens are going to trade him, they're unlikely to get much more than a conditional late-rounder in return. Monroe is coming off extensive shoulder surgery and has missed 15 games the
Ravens released LT Eugene Monroe.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Ravens were talking a Monroe trade with the Giants, but the deal fell through, and Baltimore has decided to release the eight-year veteran. The G-Men have an obvious need with replacement-talent veteran Marshall Newhouse currently manning right tackle and second-year LT Ereck Flowers coming off a bad pass-protecting season. Schefter mentions the Giants, Chargers, and Seahawks as possible landing spots for Monroe, who lost his job in Baltimore after the Ravens drafted LT Ronnie Stanley at No. 6 overall. Monroe has missed 15 games due to injury over the past two seasons.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:
No to Eugene Monroe, he also didn't play games due to a concussion...

What if we sign him then he pulls an Anfony D. move (retires)

Not every player is like Davis lol...I'm not saying it should happen but i do think it would be a upgrade from pears for whatever that's worth.

My man, I imagine, with a whole offseason and tutelage under new 49er staff, you would be an upgrade over that rotten Pear

I think (just an opinion), we'll be good to go at RT once the regular season kicks off...
My man, I imagine, with a whole offseason and tutelage under new 49er staff, you would be an upgrade over that rotten Pear

I think (just an opinion), we'll be good to go at RT once the regular season kicks off...

Lol right...I see that as a real issue (RT). But we can't solve everything in one off season.

Our OL is still suspect almost everywhere except LT where we have an aging pro bowler. Beadles has a lot to prove. Kilgore is competent at best and needs to play the entire season. Projecting anything for Garnett as rookie is a stretch. Pears may indeed be our leat worse option at RT because Brown is still not in shape. And that is an awful thing to contemplate. Otherwise we are looking at a rookie RT???

I think the projections about our OL improvement are leaning to much toward Homer optimism.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

Lol right...I see that as a real issue (RT). But we can't solve everything in one off season.

However, the Pear is in better shape this year and perhaps Chippy ball might better suit his slow ass (let's hope). But I really do think Brown will be ready by training camp and ultimately take over from there. If he is not, then yes, I will be very worried
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mojave45:
Our OL is still suspect almost everywhere except LT where we have an aging pro bowler. Beadles has a lot to prove. Kilgore is competent at best and needs to play the entire season. Projecting anything for Garnett as rookie is a stretch. Pears may indeed be our leat worse option at RT because Brown is still not in shape. And that is an awful thing to contemplate. Otherwise we are looking at a rookie RT???

I think the projections about our OL improvement are leaning to much toward Homer optimism.

Truth

and even that blind homerism must have an uncomfty feeling down deep inside
However, the Pear is in better shape this year and perhaps Chippy ball might better suit his slow ass (let's hope). But I really do think Brown will be ready by training camp and ultimately take over from there. If he is not, then yes, I will be very worried

He is better suited for ZB but his just not strong enough IMO...between him and M Martin they need some HGH lol.

I don't get why they don't throw Brandon Thomas out there for some RT reps? He's got the size,length, and strength.
He played not terrible
Share 49ersWebzone