There are 134 users in the forums

If you could have one 49ers mulligan...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Lawrence Phillips...ever being born.
Originally posted by RedAlert:
I would change the play where Montana got crushed by Marshall. Maybe the Craig fumble never happens and we get a few more years of watching the great #16.

This. And probably a couple more Super Bowls, too. Us old timers feel the pain of this game more so than the younger folks do, I'd say.
Originally posted by trooper49:
Originally posted by RedAlert:
I would change the play where Montana got crushed by Marshall. Maybe the Craig fumble never happens and we get a few more years of watching the great #16.

This. And probably a couple more Super Bowls, too. Us old timers feel the pain of this game more so than the younger folks do, I'd say.

I was there at the game and it did hurt. But, quite honestly, Joe was doing nothing in that game and its hard to say whether his presence would have really mattered. Also, his injuries paved the way for Young which really was the right way to go for the team.
The one big blunder and the mulligan I would take..... selecting Alex Smith instead of Aaron Rodgers. There is no doubt in my mind the Niners would have one or two more SB wins. Oh wait, there is one more. Taking the skinny kid from Serra High School in the 5th rd.
Originally posted by SisterFister:
The ending of the Super Bowl is up there. But I would take a redo from the championship game vs Seattle. Right after Boldin's td. Dawson kicked off and Baldwin ran it back for 69 yards. I'll take a Dawson touchback and play it out from then on up 17-10 with 6:30 left in the 3rd. I know some would take the 4th down Kearse touchdown on 4th down, but that would only leave us up by 3. Give me the full 7 point lead. Beating Seattle in Seattle for the conference title would have been far more pleasing to me than the Ravens SB. Because we all know had we beaten Seattle we were going to destroy Denver in the Super Bowl. So we still get that ring!!! Just with an ass whooping in Seattle as icing on the cake!!

Lol its f**ked up how many dark memories we have. For me it's definitely kyle Williams, the one where he BARELY touched it. That 2011 team was meant to win it all and kyle Williams is the reason why we don't have 6. Maybe 7. Maybe 8?. He's the only nfl player I hate more than Richard Sherman. In 60 years I'll be on my death bed hating kyle Williams just as much as I did that day he s**t on us.
Originally posted by iceberg450r:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Roger Craig Fumble in the 1990 NFCCG. It still HAUNTS me to this MOMENT.

This!

It was hard to pick And i really wanted to say SB 47 because that is the pinnacle and as you can see we haven't gotten back yet. But, i would have to say this. If this changes EVERYTHING changes and a very close second is Eddie D blowing it which cost him the team
The 94 championship games. If the 49ers and Chiefs had each won, the Super Bowl would have been the 49ers vs the Joe Montana led Chiefs. That would have been something to see.

And as a side note, who would you have rooted for?
The 94 championship games. If the 49ers and Chiefs had each won, the Super Bowl would have been the 49ers vs the Joe Montana led Chiefs. That would have been something to see.

Seriously?
  • Jason
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
another missed ring

That hurt me to see again. Naming my future son Garrison because I've never see anyone work so hard to come back... Twice
When Ken Norton Jr accidentally took out BY's lower leg.

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Seriously?

Honestly, it would have been difficult. Montana released by the Niners and then beating them in the Super Bowl and getting his fifth ring. I would have been torn.

Seriously?

Lol....troop banned for hesitation
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Mar 14, 2015 at 9:15 AM ]
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Passing on Aaron Rodgers.

Or Tom Brady for Goat Farmer Carmazzi.
The one big blunder and the mulligan I would take..... selecting Alex Smith instead of Aaron Rodgers. There is no doubt in my mind the Niners would have one or two more SB wins. Oh wait, there is one more. Taking the skinny kid from Serra High School in the 5th rd.

Only if Mike McCarthy stayed as OC or even later as HC.
If Harbaugh doesn't call a timeout at the 5 yrd line Kaep walks into the endzone (Blocking was set up perfectly) and we are still undefeated in SB's
Share 49ersWebzone