LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

49er Cornerbacks thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Couldn't find a thread to criticize this position without running into individual players...

So we've lost Cully as of 3/1315. And will probably lose Cox... That makes Brock the #1 easily right now. Does this mean we MAY potentially grab a corner in the 1st? You'd have to think at least 2nd.

Just surprised how we weren't able to re-sign EITHER of Cully or Cox...... I thought we were all about our own guys? Why can't we ever resign anybody who hits FA?

Hopefully Kenneth Acker will be a pleasant surprise..

Fixed... and then the hyperbole:

"Why can't we ever resign anybody who hits FA?"

The reason it seems we can't re-sign players as soon as free agency starts is because as soon as free agency starts they're going to be over paid. until the first week is over and then it becomes a buyers market
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
I'd feel a lot better about our CB's if Donatell was still here. Nothing against Tim Lewis but Donatell was outstanding.
  • bors
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Brock will miss the entire year with a hang nail.

Turf toe will retire
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by valrod33:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows 21m21 minutes ago CB Shareece Wright has experience playing nickel, something #49ers could stand to add if Cox leaves. Visiting today, per @Rapsheet

I'd prefer we add depth through FA and draft mid to high for potential starters for our CB position.
Wright would likely be some backup insurance in the slot with Ward as the starter. This FA tells me that Baalke either wants to go ahead with Johnson as the starter on the outside or will draft a CB early.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by prime21:
I'd prefer we add depth through FA and draft mid to high for potential starters for our CB position.

Well at least better depth than Wright c'mon Baalke.
We only added Cook as depth last year, after losing our two starting CBs and that seemed to work out okay.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by JohnMatrix:
We only added Cook as depth last year, after losing our two starting CBs and that seemed to work out okay.

We're about to lose our two starting CB's again, they need to re-sign Cook.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

This seems to happen every year and we remain at top 5-10 defense in the league. Baalke will figure it out, not even worried.

• 9moon
  • Veteran
my question is, why dont we trade these free agents if we have no plans on re-signing them???
Originally posted by 9moon:
my question is, why dont we trade these free agents if we have no plans on re-signing them???

Answered your own question.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 9erguy:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

This seems to happen every year and we remain at top 5-10 defense in the league. Baalke will figure it out, not even worried.

Yah that was with Fangio at DC with Ed Donatell as DB coach.
Kenneth Acker was solid before his injury and watch out for Keith Reaser kid would have gotten drafted much higher of it wasn't for his ACL kid is a baller
Originally posted by Constantine:
With Cully gone its not a huge loss, but I hope they free angent a CB in the first two rounds, but ... WR, DT and Guard is needed. So grab the best when you can.

Share 49ersWebzone