Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by NCommand:
How about this:

RCB: Dontae Johnson; Kenneth Acker, Leon McFadden & Cameron Fuller
LCB: Tramaine Brock; Chris Cook & Marcus Cromartie
SLOT/NICKLE: Jimmie Ward; Shareece Wright & Keith Reaser
FS: Eric Reid; Craig Dahl
SS: Antoine Bethea; L.J. McCray

Many questions but if one or two guys don't measure up there is some quality depth in that group. The coaches, especially Mangini and Tomsula no doubt have a good feeling for who these guys are and what they will be, so I'm not worried. Next year is a transition year and I see anywhere from 8-8 to 12-4 so a lot will be up to the new guys to step up.

All these guys will be much better if the team can solidify the front seven.

I can see that too! I'm REALLY starting to think Baalke is going OLB or DE with the first pick...and/or trade back.
I can see that too! I'm REALLY starting to think Baalke is going OLB or DE with the first pick...and/or trade back.

The front seven guys who really stand out will be gone but there will be some other options According the Walters Mock Fowler, Williams and Shelton will be gone top five; while Beasley, Gregory, Brown and Ray will be top 14. That leaves Dupree, Goldman, Kendricks, Armstead and a few others thereafter. Not wild about any of these guys in the first round so I hope the niners either trade up or back to make the most of their picks.

CBS rates around twelve prospect DEs in the first three rounds so there will be some depth for a second day pick. Many of them just don't look like 3/4 guys though.

My guess is that Mangini campaigns for a big DT like Brown, Goldman, Davis, or Phillips. A quality DT or WR would be the easiest gets in the first round.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

The front seven guys who really stand out will be gone but there will be some other options According the Walters Mock Fowler, Williams and Shelton will be gone top five; while Beasley, Gregory, Brown and Ray will be top 14. That leaves Dupree, Goldman, Kendricks, Armstead and a few others thereafter. Not wild about any of these guys in the first round so I hope the niners either trade up or back to make the most of their picks.

CBS rates around twelve prospect DEs in the first three rounds so there will be some depth for a second day pick. Many of them just don't look like 3/4 guys though.

My guess is that Mangini campaigns for a big DT like Brown, Goldman, Davis, or Phillips. A quality DT or WR would be the easiest gets in the first round.

Yeah, MB covered a bit of that here today: http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article14563508.html
Share 49ersWebzone