There are 266 users in the forums

49er Cornerbacks thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Couldn't find a thread to discuss this position without running into individual players...

So we've lost Cully as of 3/1315. And will probably lose Cox... That makes Brock the #1 easily right now. Does this mean we MAY potentially grab a corner in the 1st? You'd have to think at least 2nd.

Just surprised how we weren't able to re-sign EITHER of Cully or Cox...... I thought we were all about our own guys? Why can't we ever resign anybody who hits FA?

Hopefully Kenneth Acker will be a pleasant surprise..
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Brock will miss the entire year with a hang nail.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Maybe, but I doubt it. We'll probably add a low cost FA or re-sign Cook, and a couple mid-round DB's. We have:

Brock
Johnson
Ward
Acker
Reaser
Marcus Cromartie
Cameron Fuller
Originally posted by Disp:
Maybe, but I doubt it. We'll probably add a low cost FA or re-sign Cook, and a couple mid-round DB's. We have:

Brock
Johnson
Ward
Acker
Reaser
Marcus Cromartie
Cameron Fuller

don't forget McFadden
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Fixed... and then the hyperbole:

"Why can't we ever resign anybody who hits FA?"

no, not criticize: discuss
The guys the FO wants tend to get signed mid season BEFORE they hit free agency...I
Cook, Cromartie, Fuller, Mcfadden. All scrubs IMO. I say we sign a FA, draft a couple corner.
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows 21m21 minutes ago CB Shareece Wright has experience playing nickel, something #49ers could stand to add if Cox leaves. Visiting today, per @Rapsheet
Well that's reassuring!
With Cully gone its not a huge loss, but I hope they free angent a CB in the first two rounds, but ... WR, DT and Guard is needed. So grab the best when you can.

• Ruixx
  • Veteran
The Niners are currently looking at a veteran CB in Wright who will probably be signing a minimum, compete in camp, become depth and (if he doesn't perform well) will be cut at little cost to the Niners.

The Niners have a history of doing this, similar to last year with Cook. Actually, all teams do this. Once again, it is what it referred to, in football terms, as 'depth'.

Cue the Niners fans who will become enraged because they assume he will be a starter immediately in 3...2...1
This is the least worrisome position IMO. Baalke has an eye for DB's, we've cycled through our secondary every year in the past 4 and never lost a step. Hell even Baalkes cast offs (Cooper, Morris, Holcomb, etc.) land on and make the active roster for other teams. Brock was our #1 going into the season, DJ showed skills for a rookie, two 2nd year guys eager to contribute, and whoever else he signs and drafts.

Is it a sure thing that our secondary will perform? No, but neither was last year, or the year before that or the year before that.
Cully outta da house!
Yeah, agree their still looking for a Number CB but this draft is stacked WR... So unless Baalke moves up, he will probably draft a DT or WR
Originally posted by susweel:
Brock will miss the entire year with a hang nail.

Now that's funny
Share 49ersWebzone