LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 329 users in the forums

Have there even been more arrests than this era of 49ers football?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,500 for PatrickWillisHOF.
I can't remember an era where more 49ers were getting arrested than the last couple of years. Can you guys think of an era that was worse?
The boys are gonna party tonight!
it's really hard to tell. 70s, 80s, and even 90s, you would get arrested and most of the country wouldn't hear about it. it's just different now. but no, i don't think we've ever had so many off field issues in this 2 year span.
I'm sure there was a whole gang of s**t players got into off the field in past decades. It's just a lot more transparent now with all the tech and social media. Everything gets exposed!
Charles Haley, Bill Romanowski say hi. Back in the day these things were covered up.
I don't recall quite such a coordinated effort to combat certain types of crime (DV in particular) back in the day. Given that these crimes are currently such hot topics, the media is going to hammer on them even more. That might be skewing your perception of frequency a little.

Harbaugh's classless fault
If this develops into a blame thread, it's going to be shut and posters are going to be suspended.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Since I've been a fan, Bruce Miller has been the only one to get arrested.
Originally posted by HERN:
Since I've been a fan, Bruce Miller has been the only one to get arrested.

Eddie once through a lady of the night out of a hotel window...or so the urban legend says.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
hollywood henderson snorted coke on the sidelines during one of our games in 1978. did not get arrested for it so not sure if that counts
Originally posted by English:
Charles Haley, Bill Romanowski say hi. Back in the day these things were covered up.

Or Jerry's propensity for the local "massage" parlors.
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Mar 12, 2015 at 4:50 PM ]
The media digs for this stuff now. As recently as 2000, they would bury it. Esp the local media...now, our worst enemy.
Until recently, it was ok to hit women

#feminism
Share 49ersWebzone