LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 249 users in the forums

Looking to the future

Shop Find 49ers gear online
My thoughts with all this turmoil going on is its a young mans game. The Seahawks will be dominant for the next couple years till money and age catch up. I think the 49ers brass see this and want to build for 3 years down the road. I love gore and willis just like u all but honestly willis was never the same after the last foot injury and gore lost a step two years ago. Time to draft well and prepare this team for the next run at 6. Hopefully the luxury picks will work out like tank, b Thomas, and we can continue to draft starters. Tough to put up with York but I believe in baalke and look forward to a new era.
11-4
Good post.

Years ago, and man was I down - we lost Joe, Ronnie, Roger and Jerry.

I also believe in Trent - we'll be MUCH better than the clones are predicting.

12-4

Playoffs

Super Bowl Victory
Why are there so many threads about the future? damn we need to consolidate some of these threads its getting pretty freaking annoying just about everyday i see a new thread about looking into this team future
12-4
Originally posted by nooga-niners:
11-4

did we just not even show up for a game or something?
11-5 playoffs and depending on ol play and kap a sb
We're going to more explosive on offense.

Our run defense will still be top tier if Cowboy signs a 1 or 2 year deal.

The offensive playcalling can't get any worse than Greg Roman's.

We might be underrating ourselves actually.
-Find a quality left guard to replace Iupati, we still have Looney, Kilgore, Thomas and Martin, but we need a blue chip LG that has solid run AND pass protection skills

-we need quality depth at OLB to keep our pass rush fresh, sounds as Brooks may be around , but he needs to learn to co-exist with Lynch, we cant afford to have him pouting on the sidelines again , but we need to add another pass rushing OLB to add to the mix, Lemonier has yet to show he can be that guy, but we cant risk waiting for him to finally develop and come around, we need that reserve OLB to spell Aldon and Lynch as pass rushers, it's crucial if we seriously want to compete with Seattle and Arizona, having a 2nd wave of pass rushers at OLB will go a long way towards fixing our pass rush

- finding an aggressive swing tackle is a must, Jonathon Martin is a decent tackle, but we need a tackle that is a mean and tough and will bully DE's and LB's , Martin isn't that guy ...time to find a rude tackle to backup Davis and Staley

-adding another veteran WR, hopefully Stevie comes back, because we need quality depth and veteran leadership , if Boldin or Smith go down with injuries, at least we'll have a veteran WR that could keep our passing attack legit, I don't know if we could trust Patton or Ellington if a worst case scenario surfaced

finding another CB to replace Cully ...I know we have Acker, Reaser, Johnson and Ward..but we need to find a talented CB that could start right away if needed...it would be a big risk to go into the season with the CB's we have, adding more options would greatly benefit our defense
Share 49ersWebzone