There are 224 users in the forums

Favorite Patrick Willis moment

Shop Find 49ers gear online
breaking hasselbecks ribs
His INT return for a td vs the Seahawks early in his career. That was the moment I was like "oh s**t he is really good"
My favorite was a play that probably only stood out for me; most people probably didn't even notice. I don't remember what game it was, but I have a clear memory of a pulling guard having a running head of steam and run smack into Willis who stood the guard right up while reaching out with one arm and tackled the runner who was trying to cut behind the block. Amazing strength, technique and desire.
  • TyCore
  • Veteran
I liked the Peterson and Williams stoppages. Those are juggernauts at their position and he put them right down.

Not so much the Smith hit...
Originally posted by CityKing415:
His INT return for a td vs the Seahawks early in his career. That was the moment I was like "oh s**t he is really good"

...with Moose Johnson cheering for Weaver to tackle Willis and trying to explain it away afterwards, LOL. "Go Leonard!"

Lots of good ones here.

I like him destroying Bush/Brad Smith, but I love how he basically chased Peyton Manning out of a preseason game. One hit, and Peyton got benched.
Originally posted by 49erphan:
My favorite was a play that probably only stood out for me; most people probably didn't even notice. I don't remember what game it was, but I have a clear memory of a pulling guard having a running head of steam and run smack into Willis who stood the guard right up while reaching out with one arm and tackled the runner who was trying to cut behind the block. Amazing strength, technique and desire.

Against the Raiders, he hit the guard so hard that he knocked him back into the RB and they both went down. Pat never touched the RB, just threw his own G at him. BEAST. I've never seen another guy do that in the modern era.
When he sacked Aaron Rodgers in the playoffs (2012) fist pumped yessss!!!
First game of his career on Monday Night Footbal. Racked up 20 tackles. I'll never forget.

Yup
He ran down a Cardinal WR or RB from behind along the side lines. Don't remember what year I just remember that is was against the Cardinals.

Originally posted by WRATHman44:

...with Moose Johnson cheering for Weaver to tackle Willis and trying to explain it away afterwards, LOL. "Go Leonard!"

Lots of good ones here.

I like him destroying Bush/Brad Smith, but I love how he basically chased Peyton Manning out of a preseason game. One hit, and Peyton got benched.

What season was this Peyton Manning chase?? LOL.

Also, it sucks NFL Rewind only goes back to 2009!
The first time I saw him play...

He was at a different speed. He was the best football player on the field in almost every game he played from 08 to 11. It was cool to know we hit the #11 pick out of the park. Nolan coached him in the senior bowl and loved him.

If he was in pursuit, it was over...he didn't miss tackles. Fundamentals and truly did everything.
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:
First game of his career on Monday Night Footbal. Racked up 20 tackles. I'll never forget.

Totally unforgettable. I have yet to see talent at the position jump off the screen like that.
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
The pick 6 against seattle.

Agree!

This
Originally posted by jbeale49:
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:

Totally unforgettable. I have yet to see talent at the position jump off the screen like that.

loved being at the games hearing Patrick Willis on the tackle over and over
Share 49ersWebzone