There are 241 users in the forums

Favorite Patrick Willis moment

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by gold49digger:
The pick 6 against seattle.

This. For some reason, this play is impossible to find on youtube! Inside linebacker running more than 80 yards, weaving in and out of defenders.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan

I am going to miss this tandem. Two men from rough upbringings that escaped and that are separated only by genetics, but for all practical reasoning are, and always will be, brothers. There is real love here. I am going to miss that relationship the most.
[ Edited by fropwns on Mar 10, 2015 at 10:26 AM ]
Originally posted by rxrunner:
when he retired

• CMIO
Originally posted by Constantine:
Originally posted by Chanhopper415:
When he literally took the soul of Brad Smith. Now i'm sad again

That is the one play I always think about when it comes to Willis

The good ole days when football was football. If he that today he'd be fined 50K, the defense would have penalized 15 yards, and Brad Smith would have received a brand new Porsche hand waxed by Goodell himself.

The league has become a pansy
I haven't seen the one of him hitting Leinart in his very first game but everyone remembers his first game we all knew we had the best defensive player in the league. He was special with a capital s.
Him chasing down the cards receiver for sure
The Ole Miss play where he makes a goal line stand tackle and flips over the RB.

Yesterday I was in shock. Now the depression is setting in.
Originally posted by fropwns:

I am going to miss this tandem. Two men from rough upbringings that escaped and that are separated only by genetics, but for all practical reasoning are, and always will be, brothers. There is real love here. I am going to miss that relationship the most.

Originally posted by fropwns:

He was probably the most hurt out of anyone. But this could motivate him to elevate his game and step up more as a leader. I couldn't ask for a better linebacker to replace Willis than Bowman.
Originally posted by 9er2k:
Whats your favorite memory from 52's time on the 49ers. Mine is his rookie season in OT against the Cardinals chasing down Jerheme Urban from out of nowhere on a sure fire TD that would have won the game.WIllis had shown us all flashes that he was going to be a great player his rookie year but I will always remember that play as the one that made me say this dude has HOF potential.

I know this is a crappy video but it's the only one I found:

it was sean morey he chased down not urban

Originally posted by gold49digger:
The pick 6 against seattle.

This
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Originally posted by rxrunner:
when he retired

sorry im just really bitter
I felt like the 2006 defense was getting things together, but when Willis took the field in 2007 the defense started becoming nasty and was at the top from that point on. He was like a wrecking crew out there as a rookie. He has played a lot of tough football and for a long time.

The pick 6 was so amazing but for pure "WOW" factor, when he took the life out of Brad Smith.
Share 49ersWebzone