LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 350 users in the forums

Kevin Lynch on the 49ers Public Image

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The only thing that matters is winning, period.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Jt8786:
It doesn't matter if its Eddie D, the Yorks, BW, Harbaugh, Tomsula, etc...the MEDIA drives the image. The off-field issues by the players don't help either with this image by KKFC (locally and nationally...web and TV). But nothing our current players do can come close to Charles Haley and Bill Romanowski. They are LUCKY these didn't play through these times!

And you don't see this in ANY other market. In Seattle, you'll see ANY negative with a positive spin and headline. Here, you'll see ANYTHING (positive or neutral) turned, twisted and spun into the most negative angle/headline. Why does it work in SF? For one, negativity = hits/discussion/interest (just look here in NT!). And for another, I think we have a really depressed fan base (too much rain/lack of light-therapy?) and they LOVE drama.

How does the media drive this image?

Editorializing can do so, Kawakami and Florio, but you're saying that the Matts have created this image? Kawakami's been doing it since he's covered Bay Area sports. Florio may be new to the party, but I hardly think that he's the one coloring everybody's world view.

Let me get straight to the point. All of this news comes from somewhere. If you think it's just folks making s**t up, you're wrong.

It speaks to dysfunction and mismanagement.

MM and MB are responsible reporters. They also happen to be fans of the team.

As to KKFC, if you buy what they are selling, they own you.

Sorry NC, but what does KKFC stand for?
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
It doesn't matter if its Eddie D, the Yorks, BW, Harbaugh, Tomsula, etc...the MEDIA drives the image. The off-field issues by the players don't help either with this image by KKFC (locally and nationally...web and TV). But nothing our current players do can come close to Charles Haley and Bill Romanowski. They are LUCKY these didn't play through these times!

And you don't see this in ANY other market. In Seattle, you'll see ANY negative with a positive spin and headline. Here, you'll see ANYTHING (positive or neutral) turned, twisted and spun into the most negative angle/headline. Why does it work in SF? For one, negativity = hits/discussion/interest (just look here in NT!). And for another, I think we have a really depressed fan base (too much rain/lack of light-therapy?) and they LOVE drama.

Editorializing can do so, Kawakami and Florio, but you're saying that the Matts have created this image? Kawakami's been doing it since he's covered Bay Area sports. Florio may be new to the party, but I hardly think that he's the one coloring everybody's world view.

Let me get straight to the point. All of this news comes from somewhere. If you think it's just folks making s**t up, you're wrong.

Sorry NC, but what does KKFC stand for?

My bad (get tired of typing it out): Killion, Kawakami, Florio and Cohn.

So, you're essentially in agreement that the Matts (I'd throw Eric and Cam in there as well) have no ulterior motives.

Their reporting is enough to show the dysfunction.
Now KKFC saying York/Baalke "ran away" from the media for refusing to take questions (which clearly would have been off topic) at the Willis retirement press conference. As though doing so would have done anything but undercut Willis' earned spotlight at his retirement.

Assclowns. All of them.
[ Edited by captveg on Mar 10, 2015 at 1:25 PM ]
So, you're essentially in agreement that the Matts (I'd throw Eric and Cam in there as well) have no ulterior motives.

Their reporting is enough to show the dysfunction.

No, I said MB and MM are responsible reporters. They do their best not to spin anything and report the facts once confirmed and do you get even a hint they are taking a negative stance to generate attention? Eric and Cam? I don't even notice them enough to make a comment one way or another. There are essentially two major sides...local media in MM and MB and then KKFC.
Originally posted by captveg:
Now KKFC saying York/Baalke "ran away" from the media for refusing to take questions (which clearly would have been off topic) at the Willis retirement press conference. As though doing so would have done anything but undercut Willis' earned spotlight at his retirement.

Assclowns. All of them.

Can't focus on Patrick Willis. God no. Must make it about York/Baalke. So pathetic! Fans s/b PISSED...
Originally posted by captveg:

Assclowns. All of them.

Can't focus on Patrick Willis. God no. Must make it about York/Baalke. So pathetic! Fans s/b PISSED...

Yep. TK even retweeted a fan that said that very thing with this pathetic statement:

"The TEAM is doing things. RT @jesusramirez358 That press conference was about Willis. Not about the team. Not about York. Not about Baalke."

ASS-CLOWN
No, I said MB and MM are responsible reporters. They do their best not to spin anything and report the facts once confirmed and do you get even a hint they are taking a negative stance to generate attention? Eric and Cam? I don't even notice them enough to make a comment one way or another. There are essentially two major sides...local media in MM and MB and then KKFC.

Interesting that you ignore the other two local beat writers, but are making a blanket statement about the media.

Maybe I'm not making my point clear. MM and MB are part of that media, and they have presented us with enough information that shows the dysfunction within the 49ers organization.

The media (which includes those two) aren't necessarily responsible for the image. The 49ers organization is.
The bafoons in charge deserve all the hate they get.

The last year has been a s**t show on how to run a football team,

York isn't even suited to own a areana football team, much less this storied franchise.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Mar 10, 2015 at 1:47 PM ]

• REB4
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Bingo!

This crap says it all.

Quitters - GO join the enemy!

If Baalke were leading people in combat, he'd been fragged by now.

Interesting that you ignore the other two local beat writers, but are making a blanket statement about the media.

Maybe I'm not making my point clear. MM and MB are part of that media, and they have presented us with enough information that shows the dysfunction within the 49ers organization.

The media (which includes those two) aren't necessarily responsible for the image. The 49ers organization is.

That would imply KKFC are reporting "facts" instead of spinning their BS to paint the most negative outcome possible...like this: "Is Colin Kaepernick on the trade block? If you know the 49ers' recent bizarre activities, you know it's very, very, very possible."

Come on man...you seem smarter than that. They have mastered this approach back when Eddie D and Bill Walsh were here.

And no, MB and MM should never be stated in the same sentence as KKFC. Period.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
it continues. everyone is talking about patrick willis and how good he is. and then the silver comes out and says oh maybe he isn't there cause Harbaugh isn't here.

what a clear agenda and smear job. the rest of the panel did not even entertain the thought but of course he put it out there.

EXACTLY!!!!!

It's fashionable to hate the 49ers right now.

LOL. PFT's latest headline: "On a day of amazing deals, the 49ers keep Blaine Gabbert"

KKFC are worse than some of our own fans...did you see the SeaHawk fan who came in as a voice of reason to calm all these haters/doomsdayers down? Hilarious!
The 49ers make their own bad image. They do it to themselves.

It's called being YORKED.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
The 49ers make their own bad image. They do it to themselves.

It's called being YORKED.

We call it being SanDiegoooohhh'd
Share 49ersWebzone