There are 185 users in the forums

Dear zone:

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
He paid her off to drop the charges....she literally disappeared and the legal team said the settled out of court for an undisclosed amount of money.

You do know that some people pay to settle things so that the situation goes away even if they are innocent? Seems like to me if i were a wife/gf of one of these abusers i'd see the case through and then sue them for money in a civil suit instead of getting paid off not to talk.

How do you prove you didn't hit a woman?
So we signed Dockett because Baalke likely knew J. Smith was on the fence. He's 3 years younger.

P. Willis has gone spiritual and will be replaced by a younger, more instinctual LB (not as athletic). Candidate for DROY and who is playing at a higher level then Willis at this stage in his career. (Reminder - P. Willis was out after Week 6 for the rest of the season!) Still finished top 5. Any chance we would be interested in Curtis Lofton as a backup? Guys a tackling machine.

Gore is signing with Philly, oh now he's signing with the Colts.. oh who da hell knows? Find out at 4 pm et time. The point being you don't give a 32 year old RB a 3 year contract. Simple as that. Carlos Hyde waiting in the wings. Hunter as a backup.

Dan Skuta got his money from Jacksonville but there is no way in hell we were going to pay him 5 yrs - $20M. That's starter money. We still have Aldon Smith, Aaron Lynch, Ahmad Brooks, and Chase Thomas on our roster. Chase Thomas will take over for Skuta. Good for skuta. Brooks may stay now.

Mike Iupati takes his road grading skills to AZ but really.. his pass protection skills are so poor, you have to plan on running the ball ALOT. Whose AZ's rb? Brandon Thomas and/or a 1st rd pick will easily transition in to that LG spot. With competition from Marcus Martin.. because Kilgore will be the Center.

Not all of these moves are due to the FO. In fact, I can't pin any of these on the FO. You can't overpay for FA's. This is a business. A year to year league. Me doubts that Baalke is sitting on his hands today... he will be working the phones like mad trying to make some sort of splash.

As far as B. Miller goes - here's your slap on the hand, you do it again. You're out. Hello T. Millard - your up!
Originally posted by bors:
So there's proof ?????.or is this just an assumption

His legal team literally said to the NY post that they paid her an out of court settlement and the authorities could no longer find her to testify.
Originally posted by miked1978:
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
He paid her off to drop the charges....she literally disappeared and the legal team said the settled out of court for an undisclosed amount of money.

You do know that some people pay to settle things so that the situation goes away even if they are innocent? Seems like to me if i were a wife/gf of one of these abusers i'd see the case through and then sue them for money in a civil suit instead of getting paid off not to talk.

How do you prove you didn't hit a woman?

You cant be serious...Did you see the photos?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Deer Zone,

• SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by amosmac28:
So we signed Dockett because Baalke likely knew J. Smith was on the fence. He's 3 years younger.

P. Willis has gone spiritual and will be replaced by a younger, more instinctual LB (not as athletic). Candidate for DROY and who is playing at a higher level then Willis at this stage in his career. (Reminder - P. Willis was out after Week 6 for the rest of the season!) Still finished top 5. Any chance we would be interested in Curtis Lofton as a backup? Guys a tackling machine.

Gore is signing with Philly, oh now he's signing with the Colts.. oh who da hell knows? Find out at 4 pm et time. The point being you don't give a 32 year old RB a 3 year contract. Simple as that. Carlos Hyde waiting in the wings. Hunter as a backup.

Dan Skuta got his money from Jacksonville but there is no way in hell we were going to pay him 5 yrs - $20M. That's starter money. We still have Aldon Smith, Aaron Lynch, Ahmad Brooks, and Chase Thomas on our roster. Chase Thomas will take over for Skuta. Good for skuta. Brooks may stay now.

Mike Iupati takes his road grading skills to AZ but really.. his pass protection skills are so poor, you have to plan on running the ball ALOT. Whose AZ's rb? Brandon Thomas and/or a 1st rd pick will easily transition in to that LG spot. With competition from Marcus Martin.. because Kilgore will be the Center.

Not all of these moves are due to the FO. In fact, I can't pin any of these on the FO. You can't overpay for FA's. This is a business. A year to year league. Me doubts that Baalke is sitting on his hands today... he will be working the phones like mad trying to make some sort of splash.

As far as B. Miller goes - here's your slap on the hand, you do it again. You're out. Hello T. Millard - your up!

I like the way you think, sir. My thoughts exactly. Everything has to be put in proper perspective.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Wow people here haven't been watching games at all. Do people remember that this team played without Willis for much of the season???? I mean did they even watch - without Willis and Bowman and they still did well. I'm so over NT. Smith hasn't decided 100% if he's retiring yet... and even if he does there's an ENTIRE offseason before the team plays one down.

I just have no faith in the FANS. People talk about the front office but seriously, the FANS suck.

Just my 2 cents.

I am sure there are folk here that are lifelong fans but that is the point. I am a lifelong fan as well and I will tell you what? I have never wavered and that is what we should aspire to be if we don't want to be labeled frontrunner or fairweather and whatnot. Maybe I am crazy but that is how i was raised. Once I took the 49ers as my team there was no going back. To me that is what being a true fan is. You gotta be eternal and not on again off again. Maybe I am wrong but that is all I know. I am riding this out!

Right. I am looking forward to the draft and the season. Sorry to lose Willis, but these things happen.

This x1000
Originally posted by Niners99:
Honestly, I think people are overreacting to everything as a whole.

Gore was probably leaving all along. To fit an older RB into the budget, he was going to have to take a bargain price. If ANY team decided Gore was worth decent money, we were priced out. It was a pipedream to begin with that our budget offer would be his best option.

Justin Smith was already likely to retire. It wouldve been no shock.

Willis retiring is more sad than anything. Its not news that devastates the team from a talent standpoint. Borland is a very capable next man up. I just dont think we were ready to see Willis go.

Im the biggest Willis fan out there, but the hurt of that news has to do with not wanting to say goodbye to a legend. His leadership will be missed, but I know he would tell you that Borland wont let his spot miss a beat on the field.

From a talent standpoint, Borland fills in for most of what Willis was, and Dockett fills in for a good chunk of what Smith was. We didnt really downgrade in talent, but its just heartbreaking to lose these guys.

Amen
Originally posted by SaksV:
Originally posted by amosmac28:

I like the way you think, sir. My thoughts exactly. Everything has to be put in proper perspective.

I pretty much said the same thing yesterday in a 49ers Facebook group.
  • Jason
  • Veteran
If this were madden I could see the points above but it's not as simple as trading a 99 overall for a 96 overall. What we are really talking about is a huge vacuum of leadership that has left starting with the head coach and coordinators and ending today (hopefully) with 52 and 21 walking out the door for the last time. How do you quantify heart and leadership? I get that people don't want to write of the season yet, I don't either. I will say if we lost the fastest or strongest guys and replaced them with slower and weaker ones everyone would be upset, but because we are measuring heart and leadership (and those really can't be measured), it seems people are overlooking such a great loss for a team of people not digital projections without emotions or the need for motivation.

Ps. No one here is qualified to tell someone to GTFO. Everyone should be given an opportunity to speak. That's what makes communities like the webzine great.

Originally posted by Jason:
If this were madden I could see the points above but it's not as simple as trading a 99 overall for a 96 overall. What we are really talking about is a huge vacuum of leadership that has left starting with the head coach and coordinators and ending today (hopefully) with 52 and 21 walking out the door for the last time. How do you quantify heart and leadership? I get that people don't want to write of the season yet, I don't either. I will say if we lost the fastest or strongest guys and replaced them with slower and weaker ones everyone would be upset, but because we are measuring heart and leadership (and those really can't be measured), it seems people are overlooking such a great loss for a team of people not digital projections without emotions or the need for motivation.

Ps. No one here is qualified to tell someone to GTFO. Everyone should be given an opportunity to speak. That's what makes communities like the webzine great.

You have a very good point.. however, don't forget. We have Anquan Boldin, Joe Staley, Antoine Bethea, Darnell Dockett, Navorro Bowman and Vernon Davis as leaders. They will take over those leadership roles. There is nobody sadder then me to see Willis & Gore potentially walk off in to the sunset.. but at some point it has to happen.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Deer Zone,

HAHA perfect.
Here is the only real question to ask COME June when FA and Draft are over. How much have we improved? How much have our division rivals improved. So far...its looking like last place lol
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Arson:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Still going 8-0 at home

11-0

Home field all the way
As long as we have Kap... I feel we have a chance.... so the faith is still there.

if we had traded Kap for Foles or Cutler, like some wanted..........well....
Share 49ersWebzone