LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 288 users in the forums

Patrick Willis HOF Material?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Patrick Willis HOF Material?

Simple question, complex answer.

He is a 7 time pro bowler and a 5 time all pro. He has never won defensive player of the year and never won a super bowl ring, but his credentials are border line hall of fame material. But since he retired so early (30) I don't know if he's going to get in....
Turned his back on football. I doubt it.

He'll do good on the church circuit in the southeast though.
  • Jiks
nope
Unfortunately, with him retiring so early, he will not make it into the HoF.
Borderline with the early retirement. The shortened career will hurt his chances.
Had he played 3 or 4 more years, yes, he's a lock, but having retired early, I'm not sure if his #'s are good enough now.
I doubt he makes it if he would of finished this yr at another all pro/pro bowl level maybe but i think he probably needed a solid 10 yrs to even have a chance. Guess #52 will be available to newer 49ers players down the line as well

I really want to say yes, but 8 years seems a bit short and he certainly didn't finish strong.
Even Barry played 10 seasons...even if Patrick Willis was the best LB of his era, similar to Barry I think he needed at least 3-4 more seasons...
nope wont happen

He needs to play at least two more years
Not happening now
Nope. he hasn't even been the best LB on the team since 2011
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Not happening now

Hell no. I thought with another three top notch seasons he would be a lock but now, not so much. Hard to be upset with him for getting out, he has been a tremendous player for this team and im sure he'd like to preserve his health. My favorite 49er of the past 20 years. In a bleak, depressing wasteland of 49ers football, he was a shining star.
no, not even close.
Share 49ersWebzone