There are 295 users in the forums

Observations on....Nah, "F" that! You are upset, so am I. Get in here, NAO!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mod
  • Veteran
This was the tipping point for me... I want to call in sick and cry in my bed all day.

*cmon mod, let's get up, take a shower and walk this off... *
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Well...

...I guess the team will be younger next year. LOL.

Totally. We had an average of age 26 before Justin, Gore and Willis. Probably 25 now (Dockett). And I'm actually excited about that...to see this next generation take the torch. They learned from the best!
I'm sad to see my 3 favorite players (Gore, Willis, and Smith) all leave in such a short span of time. It's tough to stomach that.

Here is the cold hard truth though....

Gore isn't worth the money he's getting from the Eagles. Not at this stage of his career. It is time to hand the reigns over to Hyde, who will probably improve our running game with a bigger burst and fresh legs.

We all knew Justin Smith was likely retiring. It is hard to see him go, but we are prepared for his loss.

Willis is a surprise. A big one for me. But his retiring clears a ton of cap space and playing time for Borland. Again, it is hard to see him go. But truthfully, we had too much money allocated to the ILB position. His choosing to retire only makes things easier on the team as a whole longer term.
If the 9ers were a horse you'd shoot them right now for their own good. Lol our ownership probably still believes harbaugh was the problem looks like the locker room reports of players not wanting harbaugh to be our coach were a tad off base!
End of this Era

Time to start a new Era

Go Niners!
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
- Gore walks
- Willis retires
- J.Smith retires
- got trolled by a fake twitter account

WHAT A MONDAY.......
Blood soaked tampon!!!!Big hairy ballllllsssss!!!!! meecrob! Piiiiisssss out my assssss!!!!!

God damn it all to hell!!!!!

Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Well...

...I guess the team will be younger next year. LOL.

Totally. We had an average of age 26 before Justin, Gore and Willis. Probably 25 now (Dockett). And I'm actually excited about that...to see this next generation take the torch. They learned from the best!

If its so exciting how comes I feel like a pregnant woman who has been punched in the gut?
  • RKab
  • Veteran
I want to be optimistic.

I want to.

Torrey Smith, to me, brings a new type of weapon we haven't had. I felt good going to bed last night. Then I woke up to 2 of the worst hours of NFL news I've ever received.

Borland looks legit and will be able to fill in capably for Willis. Very few teams are as lucky as we are to have someone in place. Still Patrick is the soul of the defense and they cannot, will not, be the same without him.

We knew Cowboy was going. It is sad. Darnell Dockett, another guy we've hated over the years, comes in to play. Good signing.

But the feeling I can't shake is that this whole deal feels like a MASSIVE REBUILD. I was OK with Tomsula if we were keeping the status quo and trying to wring out the last year or so of a strong run and maybe make a SB. I am 100% not OK with Tomsula being the face of a rebuild. He's not someone you rebuild around. He just...isn't.

Remove the heart, pure football-wise, we're getting younger, healthier and maybe (just maybe) better. I know that's blasphemy. But this is Baalke's greatest challenge. He has to build a talented team to match what Harbaugh (and he) inherited from Mcloughan. As Peter King noted, in 24 hours the 49ers are without Mcloughan's greatest picks / signings Willis / Gore / Smith.

In a Godfather-esque series of moves, this is 10000000% Baalke now. And even moreso if Harbaugh's QB gets traded.
[ Edited by RKab on Mar 9, 2015 at 9:34 AM ]

Originally posted by socal9er42:
End of this Era

Time to start a new Era

Go Niners!

That's a rather adult way of looking at things. What in the world are you doing in this forum? This forum is for "sky is falling" Chicken Littles only. Not for adults like yourself.

I must admit, I am rather disappointed. It does look like the team is about to embark on a rebuilding phase, and I do believe the reports about CK7 on the trade block to be true.

Well, at least we still have the Giants. For a little while at least.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Redeemer:

Playing this whole album when I go to the gym today.
Originally posted by beatintina49:
Wow. I feel like a relative died today. Gore iupati Justin willis Crabtree gone and with that I hope we can have a winning season by the time I'm 40. (I'm 28) devastation.

lol i wouldn't be throwing in Iupati & crabtree's name along with Willis & Smith's name. shame on you,
Oh but our window doesn't have a time limit....
Share 49ersWebzone