LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 408 users in the forums

Surprise Move according to the troll Mike Florio

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Ninerfan81:
Yes the announcement of Justin Smith retiring is mostly like what the "shocking move" will be today. Not really a shock for true Niner fans.

I agree, it would suck because I really wish he got a ring, but how is it shocking after 14 years a guy says I'm done?
Did it sound more like a suspension rather than a trade? He said that there would be a situation the niners would have to deal with....that sounds like a legal issue a little more than a hole caused from a trade or release. s**t. Just come out with it
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by Ninerfan81:
Yes the announcement of Justin Smith retiring is mostly like what the "shocking move" will be today. Not really a shock for true Niner fans.

No that wouldn't be shocking to the media either, they reported at the end of the season he would likely retire
Originally posted by mayo49:
I think it's Aldon.

Force him to restructure his contract, then trade him.
This whole thing doesn't make sense. I mean reporters "speculate" most of the time, it's the whole point. Why not just release the info? Why hold it over our heads like this? Florio is ANOTHER 9er hatin reporter. My GAWD we have a ton even in our own backyard (Cohn, kawakami, Ratto)
Florio just posted this.....ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 30m30 minutes ago
By the way, it's not Justin Smith retiring. That wouldn't be a surprise.

Dude must be trolling on here.
Seriously this is really pissing me off
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Now this douche bag is going to have everybody on edge all day. What an a*****e.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Awful Announcing ‏@awfulannouncing

Secretly hoping Schefter or Glazer scoops Florio on his own 49ers scoop.
His words per the article "The 49ers soon will have another significant issue to deal with" and "but when it happens, you'll be shocked"
Significant issue could be his hype, however, the term issue could mean more that it is not free agency/trade related. I guess thats what leaves us all to believe it's Aldon and the law perhaps.

Hopefully Aldon didn't go and do something stupid again. Hopefully it's just Justin's retirement which would suck for sure but would hardly qualify as "shocking" so must be something else. Vernon was already promised back so can't be him either....right? Geez
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by mayo49:
I think it's Aldon.

Force him to restructure his contract, then trade him.

Everything points to this, hope it's not.
Originally posted by Janitor:
Florio is a giant douche, but he's not the type to put something out there without solid reporting. To do this just to troll would be nonsensical, it would damage their cred.

One of our leaders is getting cut/traded. f**k you Trent.

Agreed. I mean, that'd mean putting out irresponsible headlines like, "49ers would have cut Aldon Smith if he hadn't taken revised deal" and "A year after Dansby, Dockett chases the money, too" and "Pete Carroll: I'll miss competing with Jim Harbaugh" and...well, you get the idea. The way he/they spun the York comment was straight-TMZ w/o the proof.
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 9, 2015 at 7:07 AM ]
Willis to the Vikings, then we go after Adrian Peterson.
Bowman retiring due to injury is my guess. That would be a shock to the fan base.
Share 49ersWebzone