LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

Dockett to the Niners!!!!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Dockett did promise that no matter what happened in regards to his contract situation with the Cards, he was going to play at University of Phoenix stadium at least once this year. Dude did not lie.

This is because secretly he always admired the Niner legacy I believe. The last time ARI extended him a year prior to FA I was hoping they let him test the market then because I felt we could get him at that time. Now here we are less than a week after he was cut by ARI and he is a 49er
Correct me if I'm wrong but was dockett the guy who lay injured on the candlestick Park field while the crowd started doing the wave?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
RIGHT ON!!!!

Hopefully we can put to rest of any speculation that Baalke will take Arik Armstead.
Originally posted by matt49er:
Wow, the 49ers DL/front 7 could be amazing next year. Please don't retire Cowboy, with Willis, Bowman, Dorsey, Ian Williams returning, Dockett signed, Aldon having a full year, Lynch going into his 2nd season, we could end up having the best D we've seen in this Niner era.

We have a LOT of talent there now so we can only hope that Mangini knows how to rotate and what to do with it. I am sure JT will have his hands on things a bit as well
Let him get healthy. Dont rush him. Its only been 6 months post ACL surgery so no need to rush him. He can be a NICE pick up as a situational Bull rusher! Good pick up if healthy.
Got up this morning and seen nothing new and figured he was going to back to AZ and went to work to see this! Outstanding!! Now hopefully Cowboy will return for 1 final run at a superbowl. What a front 7 we shall have.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I think Dockett was looking to play a little longer than one season which is the reason he didn't sign with Arizona.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
REAP THE TEARS, MY BRETHREN!

Source: Facebook by way of ESPN:

Karlton Roark · Mesa, Arizona

"What a joke.. Took less money than Cards offered, and you said you were Loyal.. I look forward to the two beat downs for you next year!"

Jordan Marzola · Top Commenter · Moderator, Fantasy Football Writer, & Expert at 1st&5 (Fro's note: Really, dude?)

"Haha. Took a crappier deal to play with a worse team and a brand new HC. Say good bye to any chance of a ring. At least you and Dansby can go spend your $$$ at the clubs together during playoff time."
[ Edited by fropwns on Mar 5, 2015 at 7:12 AM ]
Originally posted by matt49er:
Wow, the 49ers DL/front 7 could be amazing next year. Please don't retire Cowboy, with Willis, Bowman, Dorsey, Ian Williams returning, Dockett signed, Aldon having a full year, Lynch going into his 2nd season, we could end up having the best D we've seen in this Niner era.

This. If he stays healthy, and Cowboy is back he'll have 6-8 sacks lined up next to Lynch and Dorsey or Williams. It'll definitely be a pick your poison option for offenses. I also think he brings an attitude that we really need on this team, he's a mean mutha f**ka, and we don't have that.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Correct me if I'm wrong but was dockett the guy who lay injured on the candlestick Park field while the crowd started doing the wave?

Could be but Dockett was a notorious trash talker. No excuse for fans doing that ish though. We have some pitiful human beings in this world. It is after all a game and all of these players have to work extremely hard to be on the field no matter what team they play for

Wow was I wrong. I didn't think there was any shot in hell citing his past statements about hating the 49ers.
Originally posted by amosmac28:
I just did about 25 fist pumps!

jersey shore comes alive
Originally posted by Blake_Fever:
I think it's a good signing, but $4 million this year might be steep given the potential cap issues. But definitely need to address the position during the draft.

I wonder if Tomsula/Baalke have a better idea that Justin Smith is leaning towards retiring...?

Well from what Ive read they are leaving it completely up to J. Smith. Tomsula said himself that he had earned that much respected and the Niner organization will not ask him to do anything he will not do, hes earned that. If we get one more year out of J. Smith we are blessed and lucky
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
This. If he stays healthy, and Cowboy is back he'll have 6-8 sacks lined up next to Lynch and Dorsey or Williams. It'll definitely be a pick your poison option for offenses. I also think he brings an attitude that we really need on this team, he's a mean mutha f**ka, and we don't have that.

The more Florida boys the better! Gore Boldin Dockett Tank etc. Florida puts out some fine football players
Originally posted by Constantine:
Well from what Ive read they are leaving it completely up to J. Smith. Tomsula said himself that he had earned that much respected and the Niner organization will not ask him to do anything he will not do, hes earned that. If we get one more year out of J. Smith we are blessed and lucky

Justin is returning for one more ride is my thinking. Super Bowl 50 is in our house and you know he wants to take his shot at it
Share 49ersWebzone