LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 302 users in the forums

49ers trying to trade Michael Wilhoite

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Not sure they will get much for him, he is going to make the minimum of $585K for 2015.

That would make him easier to trade
  • thl408
He was 'just okay' last season. Baalke trying to get anything he can for a guy that might not play much. This speaks to the confidence Baalke has in Bow's and Willis' recovery.
Def would have said 5th or 6th
Originally posted by thl408:
He was 'just okay' last season. Baalke trying to get anything he can for a guy that might not play much. This speaks to the confidence Baalke has in Bow's and Willis' recovery.

And Borland's ability to step in for either of them.
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Yeah he was a good starter last year and filled in well two years in a row now. Sadly 6th is the best we could probably get although the inside LB FA market is crap right now. Try a 5th!

even a 6th sounds like a longshot to me.

Too bad. He's a quality starter now.
Originally posted by slowriot:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Seems like they could do better than a 6th rounder

They might after Trent Cole after all

Totally unrelated. Different positions.
Just cause they are different positions doesn't mean they are not freeing up room
Wilhoite seemed pretty underrated last season. Obviously, wasn't phenomenal but didn't make mistakes. Easily a starter on at least 5 teams
Originally posted by martysofresh:
Def would have said 5th or 6th

5th round pick for a fringe starter? I'd be happy to get a 6th.
Maybe the Jets would be interested. Sounds like Harris is gone according to a New York station.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Baalke should talk to the Bears, I'm sure Fangio would love to have him. I'm not sure if any other team would bite though.

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Baalke should talk to the Bears, I'm sure Fangio would love to have him. I'm not sure if any other team would bite though.

Washington makes sense.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
i'm sure baalke will put that 6th round pick to very good use. like he does all our other picks.

We can trade it for Jamies Winston in 2016.
Maybe this is a sign that Willis, Bowman and Boreland are close to returning?
Team doing right by letting him get a starting opportunity somewhere else. His play has earned him that. After Willis/Bowman, we have Borland, Moody, and then Skov on the PS can man the ILB corps for us in terms of depth.

A 6th or 7th is a steal for a cheap, starting 3-4 ILB.
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Wilhoite seemed pretty underrated last season. Obviously, wasn't phenomenal but didn't make mistakes. Easily a starter on at least 5 teams

Yeah, had 87 tackles, 1 FF, 2 INT's, 6 PD's and 5 STF's. That's a very solid season.

When you look at the FA ILB's that are under 28 right now, picking him up would be a steal for a 6th.

[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 4, 2015 at 4:42 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone