LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

NFLN: Jets vs. Niners...up next. From 1998

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Niners816:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by facestabber:
Talk about a missing ring. Rice, Owens and Stokes are your starting receivers with Hearst in the backfield. Great game to start that season though.

Crazy huh!?

The real weakness of the 1998 team was the CB position. Antonio langham was a big bust. The offense carried that squad all season long.
Totally. The defense was old and the cornerbacks were awful. Marquez Pope: what a bum. This was the beginning of the 49ers tradition of terrible CB all the way up until the Harbaugh era. Cornerback was consistently a terrible position for this team ever since then.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Totally. The defense was old and the cornerbacks were awful. Marquez Pope: what a bum. This was the beginning of the 49ers tradition of terrible CB all the way up until the Harbaugh era. Cornerback was consistently a terrible position for this team ever since then.

Big shocker....RW getting chewed on😄
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Originally posted by facestabber:
Talk about a missing ring. Rice, Owens and Stokes are your starting receivers with Hearst in the backfield. Great game to start that season though.

Crazy huh!?

The real weakness of the 1998 team was the CB position. Antonio langham was a big bust. The offense carried that squad all season long.

Yea, they were really hard to watch back then.
I loved the go ahead td to stokes. Show a Red Twins formatin (split) in 21 personnel. Then motion Hearst to get a coverage read, then a PA boot action and hit the post pattern.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
This season particularly is why I have a very high opinion of marty morringwheg. This was the last offense I absolutely loved.

Yeah it still sucks to no end Hearst broke his ankle on that f**king Georgia Dome Astroturf the 1st drive of the divisional playoff game.

Won't ever forget that either.

Loved this game! Never will forget the dam turf in Atlanta either...
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
lol wtf? I was watching the game this whole time and just now, as they're about to go into OT, the channel goes black.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
lol wtf? I was watching the game this whole time and just now, as they're about to go into OT, the channel goes black.

Seriously? That's messed up!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame

it came back on. can't wait to see how it ends!
[ Edited by ChazBoner on Mar 4, 2015 at 12:53 PM ]

Bummer. I will let you know what happens.
Did anyone else just get a frozen picture on the rebroadcast of this game? I just thought my satellite receiver locked up but I switched channels real quick to NBATV and it was fine.

Did anyone else just get a frozen picture on the rebroadcast of this game? I just thought my satellite receiver locked up but I switched channels real quick to NBATV and it was fine.

Mine just went black too here in SoCal. Arg.

Mine just went black too here in SoCal. Arg.

Okay the normal picture just came back on.

Cursed me! Mine just went black! Wtf!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame

TO should get half of those points on his stats sheet.
Mine went black too!
Share 49ersWebzone