There are 210 users in the forums

Stevie Johnson status in limbo

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
stupid fkn organization.

$$, man

We need cash to keep Frank/Cox/Cully
No relevant source-

Now I'm going to post on my twitter that the niners are cutting Kaeprenick and Boldin. Per sources.
Originally posted by JeuSF49:
No relevant source-

Now I'm going to post on my twitter that the niners are cutting Kaeprenick and Boldin. Per sources.

IDK, man. That Russini chick has been pretty solid this year...
[ Edited by WRATHman44 on Feb 28, 2015 at 9:13 AM ]
Title a tad misleading as he has not actually been released.

Also, no Niners beat has confirmed or even retweeted this yet.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
booooooo!
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by JR80Forever:
I saw the expected thread. Decided to post a different thread about him being cut. If mods want to merge feel free

Look at the end of what you posted: "Source: Dianna Marie Russini on Twitter" which was this:

Dianna Marie Russini @NBCdianna ·
Per sources, 49ers are expected to release Stevie Johnson. This will save 5.5 million of cap room. #49ers

So as of right now Stevie Johnson is still a 49er and is EXPECTED to be cut. He has not been cut yet.

You should listen to this man....he posts tweets for a living
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Another waste of a 4th round pick. Maybe this will give Patton/Ellington the more snaps they need and deserve. but i woulda atleast tried and pay cut maybe.

Question now is, does that mean Crabtree is coming back? If not, Patton and Ellington are virtually guaranteed extensive PT next season.

My guess is they spoke with him to attempt to work something out, but it just didn't come together. I'm sad because I really like Stevie, but the FO must feel he wasn't as good of a fit for our offense to keep him around for 6+ million. Stevie's unorthodox style was well-documented as a difficult adjustment for Kaepernick and SJ also graded out below average in run blocking, something paramount to our team and something our coaches HEAVILY scrutinize. Patton, while much younger, is a fantastic blocker and like I said before, the flashes he's shown in limited snaps lead you to believe there could be something there if given the opportunity to actually see significant playing time.
Seems odd they wouldn't at least try to restructure before cutting. Not exactly a lot of proven WRs on this team
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
$$, man

Where the f*ck is all our cap room going??? Before u know it Willis will be the only 49er on d and kap will just lob passes to himself, joe staley and a rookie... I mean the seac*cks just gave Sherman and Thomas huge $$ n they're still talking about signing a record qb contract n signing #24 is on a to-do list... wtf!?!? This money better be used to sign cox or cully. Neither of which is high end or has earned the rep of a game changer at their position. were the only team without a losing record cleaning house smh...
[ Edited by JsilvaNINERSRUNIT on Feb 28, 2015 at 9:25 AM ]

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
stupid fkn organization.

$$, man

i get that, but why even bring him here if you're not gonna let him contribute?
stupid fkn organization.

$$, man

This. We were already strapped for cash and this move will help retain some more important players.
This is the smart move people didn't want to happen
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
unfortunately it had to happen. Maybe we resign him for a smaller deal???
Share 49ersWebzone