LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 209 users in the forums

Stevie Johnson status in limbo

Shop Find 49ers gear online
49ers released WR Stevie Johnson.
The move will save San Francisco $6.025 million against the 2015 salary cap. Acquired from Buffalo for a fourth-round pick last May, Johnson posted a 35/435/3 line in his lone season in San Francisco. A crisp route runner, Johnson had three straight 1000-yard receiving seasons under new Jets OC Chan Gailey while the pair were in Buffalo. He should find a healthy market as a solid possession receiver.
Source: Dianna Marie Russini on Twitter

Dianna said "expected"

Rotoworld said "released"

http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football

I have the rotoworld app on my iPhone and copy and pasted directly from that. I apologize for the confusion.

Updating a previous item, 49ers WR Stevie Johnson will be asked to take a pay cut.
Dianna Russini of NBC 4 in Washington reported earlier Saturday Johnson would be released, but it appears he will be asked to take a pay cut first. He will likely be released if he refuses the pay cut. Johnson is currently the de facto No. 2 receiver in San Francisco.
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Sat, Feb 28 2015 1:15 PM
[ Edited by JR80Forever on Feb 28, 2015 at 11:35 AM ]
Wow
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/181529-49ers-expected-release-stevie-johnson/
Another waste of a 4th round pick. Maybe this will give Patton/Ellington the more snaps they need and deserve. but i woulda atleast tried and pay cut maybe.
Damn, the draft trades from last year all sucked. Wish Stevie the best
I saw the expected thread. Decided to post a different thread about him being cut. If mods want to merge feel free
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JR80Forever:
I saw the expected thread. Decided to post a different thread about him being cut. If mods want to merge feel free

Look at the end of what you posted: "Source: Dianna Marie Russini on Twitter" which was this:

Dianna Marie Russini @NBCdianna ·
Per sources, 49ers are expected to release Stevie Johnson. This will save 5.5 million of cap room. #49ers

So as of right now Stevie Johnson is still a 49er and is EXPECTED to be cut. He has not been cut yet.
[ Edited by Jcool on Feb 28, 2015 at 9:01 AM ]
Honestly I am kind of shocked. I didn't see this coming.
So we're losing Crabtree, Johnson and probably Osgood.

I wonder if we draft more than 1 WR.

I got it from the rotoworld app. Copy and pasted from the app.

I apologize if it's not true
Race to the bottom begins!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
stupid fkn organization.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Let the overreaction begin. Could mean a number of things, but nothing to freak out about.
Share 49ersWebzone