There are 146 users in the forums

Could the 49ers be headed for the AFC West?!?!?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
wouldn't make sense. When you think NFC WEst, you automatically think of the 49ers. Seattle would make the most sense.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
wouldn't make sense. When you think NFC WEst, you automatically think of the 49ers. Seattle would make the most sense.

Exactly, blue blood franchises don't get shuffled around...it'd be like moving the steelers to nfc north.
Originally posted by jwjr49er:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
then you should know it will not happen and wouldn't think this is some type of news..more like tabloid crap

I'm of the opinion that anything can happen and it's really not that far fetched

We're by far the most relevant team in our division. Are the Steelers going to move to the NFC north?? The Cowboys to the AFC east? It's absolutely ridiculous to actually think this is a possibility. If you've been a fan for 30 years that explains the current state of 49er fans better than anything else

Why not Arizona? I doubt the NFL would ruin the Seattle SF rivalry as of right now (although Jed York has already done that). Arizona is technically historically relevant but not enough to keep them in the NFC west over the Hawks
I would not mind Seattle moving at all just to watch Raider and Hawk fans go at it on the internet.

Those 2 fanbases were made for each other.
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
I would not mind Seattle moving at all just to watch Raider and Hawk fans go at it on the internet.

Those 2 fanbases were made for each other.

But Seahawks fans are just converted Raider fans....wouldn't that be kinda weird?
Originally posted by MCrabs15:

Why not Arizona? I doubt the NFL would ruin the Seattle SF rivalry as of right now (although Jed York has already done that). Arizona is technically historically relevant but not enough to keep them in the NFC west over the Hawks

How is arizona "technically historically relevant"? Just because they've been around a long time. I'd say that makes them technically historical, but not really relevant. lol
Originally posted by gold49digger:
The nfl wouldn't break up the seahawks niner rivalry.

What Rivalry..they just play in our division..and for once happened to be on the good side of the W-L column

Rivalry would be GB/Dallas..adding PItt because they have 6 rings
As I've said before, I would like to see Rams move back to LA and have an all-CA division of 49ers, Chargers, Raiders, Rams...I don't care if it's NFC or AFC. After many years of the Niners being at/near the top of miles travelled, it would be nice to cut down that distance, plus I think those would all be great rivalries.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
As I've said before, I would like to see Rams move back to LA and have an all-CA division of 49ers, Chargers, Raiders, Rams...I don't care if it's NFC or AFC. After many years of the Niners being at/near the top of miles travelled, it would be nice to cut down that distance, plus I think those would all be great rivalries.

An all-Cali division would be amazing. That's 6 games, almost half the season, when we don't even have to leave the state!
[ Edited by SofaKing on Feb 26, 2015 at 9:43 PM ]

Yep, those teams in the same division first. What ever division they are in comes 2nd.

Move the Seahawks to Oklahoma City ---> AFCW OKC Thunderhawks & reset their SB count

/thread
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

Move the Seahawks to Oklahoma City ---> AFCW OKC Thunderhawks & reset their SB count

/thread

Brilliant!!
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

That would be awesome!

Whining would occur real quick, tho (easy road traveling)... even NFC north would complain (practically neighbors with each other)
[ Edited by LVJay on Feb 26, 2015 at 11:25 PM ]
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

/thread

then seattle won't have a football team and a basketball team. good
Share 49ersWebzone