• Hall of Fame
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
uh most of those are still very much in question

lolz
Originally posted by SoCold:

lolz

What? You mean the future isn't cast in stone? This changes everything for me. Thank you!
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by crake49:

lolz

What? You mean the future isn't cast in stone? This changes everything for me. Thank you!

The way it was written is dumb.

3. The secondary is back.

Cully and Cox are FA and we don't even know if they are coming back.
We have no idea who our starters will be at this point.

8. O-line stability

Iupati is a FA and we don't know if Kilgore will be 100% and stay at center and move Martin to G
We have no idea what our O line will look like at this point

lolz much excitement
  • Chico
  • Veteran
I'm looking forward to this next season. Bringing back Aldon, Patrick & Navarro will be a huge boost to an already dominate defense. My only concern is having Mangina as our DC. He better be as good as advertised or some heads will roll half way through the season and Vic Fangio will be laughing his A$$ off!
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chico:
I'm looking forward to this next season. Bringing back Aldon, Patrick & Navarro will be a huge boost to an already dominate defense. My only concern is having Mangina as our DC. He better be as good as advertised or some heads will roll half way through the season and Vic Fangio will be laughing his A$$ off!

Something tells me Fangio won't be laughing at all next season. There's a LOT of work on his plate.
The way it was written is dumb.

3. The secondary is back.

Cully and Cox are FA and we don't even know if they are coming back.
We have no idea who our starters will be at this point.

8. O-line stability

Iupati is a FA and we don't know if Kilgore will be 100% and stay at center and move Martin to G
We have no idea what our O line will look like at this point

lolz much excitement

You're right that it's all conjecture at this point. And the secondary thing was the one that I had the most questions about as well. I think there are legitimate contenders behind Cully and Cox and it's true that Brock and Ward will be back. Ward should be a lot better in his second year. I think they will be able to retain one of them, but not both.

But, I don't see how the O-line doesn't get better at the very least because it was so out of sorts and bad last year. I like him a lot, but I'm not upset that Iupati will probably walk for a huge trip to the bank. Good for him. I just think that as good as he's been as a run blocker, he's been very bad as a pass blocker. And I'm hoping Foerster stays with is specialty and institutes a ZBS.
Coach Tomsula. Sure, this is his first HC gig in the NFL, but he's been around football his entire life and is a true "player's coach." The team LOVES him (and by the team I mean the players). @He's got a 100% winning record as an NFL head coach@. Ok ok... That was tongue-in-cheek. But the man DOES have a .600 winning percentage as a HC in NFL Europe where he led the Reign Fire to a 3rd place finish.

Harbaugh was a players coach too
Originally posted by ForeverYoung8:

Harbaugh was a players coach too

I'm not so sure anymore that all the players loved him. Does anyone have access to the GIF of Bowman rolling his eyes as Harbaugh throws a fit?

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
  • REB4
1) Tickets will be a lot cheaper as the season progresses
2) Less traffic in the Mountain View/Santa Clara area
3) I won't be pissed if the kids want to go to Great America after halftime
Originally posted by REB4:
1) Tickets will be a lot cheaper as the season progresses
2) Less traffic in the Mountain View/Santa Clara area
3) I won't be pissed if the kids want to go to Great America after halftime

Tickets will be the same price

Traffic will be the same