LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 316 users in the forums

Just how far away are the 49ers from a Super Bowl?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • thl408
Originally posted by 9erStorm:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by thl408:
For next year's Super Bowl, not very far. They practice very close, so about 4-6 miles.
4-6 miles, more like 4-6 feet

LOL. This. They are right next door.

Shows how much I know. I thought they practiced near Montague Expressway.
oh and this is the dumbest f**king article/breakdown i've ever read.
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
I'd have to agree. At this moment the 49ers are six players in the right places away from the Super Bowl. Like it or not, and I don't , the 49ers have some holes and are not as deep as we would like to believe they are. In retrospect, the failure of the 49ers 2012 draft really did set us back . Baalke needs to hit some home runs with this year's draft and hope our young players develop.

It's a dumb article. And if you are comparing the team in 2014 with 2015, we already have a bucket-load of excellent players coming back from injury. The 2012 draft is rapidly becoming irrelevant.
A GOOD coaching staff
[ Edited by ForeverYoung8 on Feb 11, 2015 at 12:46 PM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
This is really why it's sad and what pisses me off..

The Super Bowl is at home, and the least Jed, Baalke and Jim could have done was agree and swallow each of their own pride and do their best to sign the best free agent available within means, and draft the players that will continue to help the team sooner rather than later..

Instead, we will be helping the City of Santa Clara entertaining two teams who will be playing in the Super Bowl.

SIGH...
Originally posted by 9moon:

The Super Bowl is at home, and the least Jed, Baalke and Jim could have done was agree and swallow each of their own pride and do their best to sign the best free agent available within means, and draft the players that will continue to help the team sooner rather than later..

Instead, we will be helping the City of Santa Clara entertaining two teams who will be playing in the Super Bowl.

SIGH...

Maybe you should wait until something actually happens before you get pissed off about it. Just a thought.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
I'd have to agree. At this moment the 49ers are six players in the right places away from the Super Bowl. Like it or not, and I don't , the 49ers have some holes and are not as deep as we would like to believe they are. In retrospect, the failure of the 49ers 2012 draft really did set us back . Baalke needs to hit some home runs with this year's draft and hope our young players develop.

It's a dumb article. And if you are comparing the team in 2014 with 2015, we already have a bucket-load of excellent players coming back from injury. The 2012 draft is rapidly becoming irrelevant.

There aren't too many articles coming from ESPN that are smart, if there are any at all. Also, there is no guarantee that all of those players coming back from injury will be able to come back at the level they formerly played at. I hope they can, and am happy if they do, but I'm not automatically assuming they will. The 2002 draft is irrelevant, the 2012 draft is still relevant in that it was just three years ago and we should have productive players on the team from that draft now. I'm not saying it can't quickly become irrelevant given our past two drafts and this year's draft, just that 2012 can't yet be dismissed.
  • REB4
Originally posted by English:

Really? It usually takes a player 3-4 years to start hitting his peak and contribute consistently. That would place is at...ohh could it be 2015?
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crake49:

SIGH...

Maybe you should wait until something actually happens before you get pissed off about it. Just a thought.

... and maybe you need to accept reality sooner than later w/o waiting until something actually happens...

.. but don't get me wrong, Im always hoping for the best and it would be one HOLLYWOOD story of JT gets us that 6th ring!!!
1) A new owner.
2) A new Head Coach.
3) A new Offensive Coordinator..
4) A new Defensive Coordinator.
5) New position coaches

When these things make more sense we will be closer.

Originally posted by crake49:

SIGH...

... and maybe you need to accept reality sooner than later w/o waiting until something actually happens...

.. but don't get me wrong, Im always hoping for the best and it would be one HOLLYWOOD story of JT gets us that 6th ring!!!
its a hollywood story for any team that can make it to the SB

I with you on the hope. There are only a few things I'll accept as reality before they've happened.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
18 games away

Originally posted by crabman82:
about 11 and a half months

It's the 49ers time!

[ Edited by Team49ers on Feb 11, 2015 at 4:27 PM ]
We're not far away at all, imo. This team just needs to get back in the playoffs. Once we're there, I feel very confident in the players we have.
Super Bowl 50 is at Levis so they are going to be very close.
Share 49ersWebzone