There are 246 users in the forums

Most disappointing offseason since...

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Most disappointing offseason since...

Originally posted by NCommand:
B/c I don't know what the process was. I know what conventional processes look like but each HC hire and subsequent assistant acquisition has been different from Nolan to Singletary to Harbaugh to JT...all different.

It's also not what "I" would have found ideal either but now that this IS 100% Baalke's role going forward, you can see the same approach to how he manages personnel and to that, I'm happy.

All I can say is that chryst better be a frickin' common sense genius. It's up to him to heave our sorry a** long play passing attack and lazy boy tempo into the DUMPSTER and get right with the Bill Walsh spread it around game plan.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by NCommand:
B/c I don't know what the process was. I know what conventional processes look like but each HC hire and subsequent assistant acquisition has been different from Nolan to Singletary to Harbaugh to JT...all different.

It's also not what "I" would have found ideal either but now that this IS 100% Baalke's role going forward, you can see the same approach to how he manages personnel and to that, I'm happy.

All I can say is that chryst better be a frickin' common sense genius. It's up to him to heave our sorry a** long play passing attack and lazy boy tempo into the DUMPSTER and get right with the Bill Walsh spread it around game plan.

Amen brother. This is what most want in NT anyhow. WCO designs AND principles/approach.
This is not a reload, this a a rebuild, I wonder which players are goners, and how long until we return to relevance. I got a bad feeling about this.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
This is not a reload, this a a rebuild, I wonder which players are goners, and how long until we return to relevance. I got a bad feeling about this.

The Yorks will save lots of money though.
1991 end of the montana era
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
1991 end of the montana era

I thought that till now. How did you find this poll? I tried the search feature all day to no avail.

Losing the game to the Giants, and a chance at a 3peat was my lowest point as a NINER fan. Until today. Actual news is bad enough, but the rumors around Kaep's possible trade, knowing that with the Yorks smoke means fire, I am saddened.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

1991 and its NOT EVEN CLOSE....

- Losing to NYG in horrific fashion in the NFCC & 3-peat denied (Montana blindsided, Craig fumble)
- Craig and Lott lost to LA raiders via plan B FA
- the "one day logo" fail
- Montana surgery, elbow aggravated in preseason, multiple doctors seen, then IR in Oct (& another year+ recovering)
- erratic win-loss-win-loss start to the season (and swept by the stupid falcons)
- young and bono have good #'s but get hurt at various times
- Haley goes nuts/pees on teamate's car/have to get Lott from the other locker room to calm him down during raider loss
- Miss out on the playoffs @ 10-6 losing tie-breaker for the wild card and finishing 3rd place behind Saints and falcons
Good stuff
tomata cage
It's official. This is not only the worst offseason Ive seen since becoming a fan in '79, It now has to be classified as the worst in franchise history.

Jed York... you c**t...
This is one of the worst offseasons I've ever seen for the 49ers. Certainly the worst of the modern era.
Wait guys you haven't seen Baalke's draft yet
Originally posted by FunkyChicken:

cant wait to see a bunch of projects and/or rehabbers that wont play for 1-2 seasons!
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by FunkyChicken:

cant wait to see a bunch of projects and/or rehabbers that wont play for 1-2 seasons!

He drafted AJ Jenkins. Clearly a top 5 GM in football.
Share 49ersWebzone