There are 288 users in the forums

Most disappointing offseason since...

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Most disappointing offseason since...

I don't care if you are the glass half full guy or empty. Nobody is excited this offseason. Like to compare. Regardless of what is said.
New coaching staff - many core players = rebuild.
From Erickson to Singletary, the only hope we had was draft day. Now sitting at the middle of the pack in that regard, how does this one rate?
Most dissapointing off-season since the end of 2003, after Ericksons 1st season. We missed the playoffs and then lost Garcia, Owens, Hearst, Deese and a few other starters. The roster was gutted and we were left with a bunch of scrubs. I expected us to win 2 games, and we did just that.

At least this time we have way more talent. Majorly dissapointed we lost Harbaugh, but what's done is done. Just have to hope Tomsula is a quality head coach. This team is still good enough to win 10 games.
Its been a letdown. We were waiting for the big announcement and it never came. Except that chicago managed their transition the way we would have liked.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
pretty embarrassing that no one wants to coach here. You'd think it would be a dream job for any coach out there, talented competitive team, brand new stadium. You'd figure Gruden, Cowher and Mike Holmgren would come out of retirement just for a shot at this job, but nope. York and Baalke are sure making a name for themselves.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I don't think it's that bad. The loss of Harbaugh is a setback, but we can do just as good or better with the new regime.
It's early February. Some people seem to have expectation management problems! Let's see how the draft goes.
Bad? I'm excited about this offseason! We finally have some offensive coaches/minds who know how to coach/teach and scheme and CK is working on the subtle QB skills. Tons of experience, continuity, a whole staff with something to prove, cap wise we're great, 18 IR's coming back, top 15 pick, drama gone, players excited to get started, we get to kick off the year well before any other team, etc. Arrow up!
Originally posted by NCommand:
Bad? I'm excited about this offseason! We finally have some offensive coaches/minds who know how to coach/teach and scheme and CK is working on the subtle QB skills. Tons of experience, continuity, a whole staff with something to prove, cap wise we're great, 18 IR's coming back, top 15 pick, drama gone, players excited to get started, we get to kick off the year well before any other team, etc. Arrow up!

THIS.

I could hug you.
Originally posted by ronniefreakinlott42:
I don't care if you are the glass half full guy or empty. Nobody is excited this offseason. Like to compare. Regardless of what is said.
From Erickson to Singletary, the only hope we had was draft day. Now sitting at the middle of the pack in that regard, how does this one rate?

Speak for yourself, I am very excited about this off season! We actually have a coaching staff that has great position coaches. We still have free agency and the draft, then we get to stat our program 2 weeks early what is ther nit to be excited about!
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:

THIS.

I could hug you.

Originally posted by twindad:

Speak for yourself, I am very excited about this off season! We actually have a coaching staff that has great position coaches. We still have free agency and the draft, then we get to stat our program 2 weeks early what is ther nit to be excited about!

Not only that, year 2 is the big "jump year" and think about how many rookies got TONS of experience last year.
Originally posted by twindad:

Not only that, year 2 is the big "jump year" and think about how many rookies got TONS of experience last year.

Absolutely, cannot wait!!!
Yes I told you dudes. I was distraught for exactly 15 minutes when JT was hired because I had fixated my mind on Gase rumors. After I settled in on JT I got excited about change and what OC and DC he would hire. I never thought Chryst and Mancini but I am ready for a more aggressive team as opposed to a conservative one
Originally posted by English:
It's early February. Some people seem to have expectation management problems! Let's see how the draft goes.

don't you have a time out to hand out??

Most fans can tell this is the beginning of an implosion, personally I've never been this disappointed during any offseason I can remember.

& btw English you need to stop trying to slant every discussion that you don't agree with, that's not part of your job as a moderator.
'
[ Edited by GMniner805 on Feb 8, 2015 at 9:10 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

of course this is the truth. how can anyone judge a off season till you start practice with your team? its like rushing to judgement and judging a draft a month after the draft, good god... the drama part being god is a huge intangible,., not to mention having one locker room .lol at people crying due to lack of big names, while i wanted gruden in the beginning, i remembered this team does not run after big names in free agency so why should the coaching thing be any different. i am totally fine with the off season so far. i was sick of roman since the super bowl and sick of jh once i saw he lost the team after the second seattle game.
Share 49ersWebzone